After finding his musical inspiration through the late, great Gerald Levert, Charles Reed began his quest to connect with others through song. His new single, Better, looks to follow in the soul man’s footsteps. 2 Dimension gives Reed a track to play matchmaker on, as his smooth vocals put a unique twist on the Upset City R&B blueprint. After performing live at various venues, including a gig at Uncle Luke’s reality TV show premiere party, the new school cat preps for his 2009 debut, Jus’ntyme. Looking to beat the buzzer, Charles Reed crosses up the rest of the R&B competition and cements his spot as an R&B artist to watch.
Written by Kevin L. Clark on 11/23/08
Submit your Rating
Bang Charts Music Group
First DJ Booth Appearance:
Total DJ Booth Features:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- 2014, The Year I Learned to Say Fuck the Police
- Billion Dollars in an Elevator: The Definitive 2014 Hip-Hop Timeline
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- Indie Savage: Crooked I Gets Physical With “Sex, Money & Hip-Hop”
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- Meet Fanesha Fabre, the Voice Behind the “La Musica De Harry Fraud” Drop
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.