When I think of Charles Hamilton, Joe Budden’s Padded Room album cover comes to mind. Or maybe listening to Sonic is more similar to taking the red pill in The Matrix. Regardless, when I pressed the “play” button and listened his latest effort Sega Music (Last of the Mauritians) today, I knew that I’d be reviewing art that treads the line between originality and insanity. I was not disappointed, as Hamilton’s production alone could be enough to put an audiophile on tilt through the inaudible murmurs of the beat. While everyone seems to have an opinion of CH, prompting the kind of vicious debates usually reserved for politics and Justin Bieber, the combination of his wild lyrical content and his ear for, um, uniqueness always keeps me interested in what’s to come from the eclectic emcee. If you also want to see where this rabbit hole goes, be sure to keep it locked to the Booth for more leaked records from Hamilton as he builds momentum for his “official” single, dropping in May.
Written by Sigurd on 04/6/10
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Brooklyn Girls" (2008)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Shady XV: Eminem is Dropping a New Album & I Don’t Care
- S1 Confirms Kanye West Working on New Album, Songs Are “Feel Good” #A3CProAudio
- 5 Fresh Songs You Might Have Missed (10/20)
- PRhyme (Royce Da 5’9” & DJ Premier) - U Looz
- Lil Dicky ft. Michael Christmas & Rockie Fresh - Would You Believe That
- DeJ Loaf - Sell Sole
- Heat Check: How Do You Feel About Drake’s “How About Now”
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (10/17)
- All 72 of Drakes Billboard Top 100 Songs
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.