When I think of Charles Hamilton, Joe Budden’s Padded Room album cover comes to mind. Or maybe listening to Sonic is more similar to taking the red pill in The Matrix. Regardless, when I pressed the “play” button and listened his latest effort Sega Music (Last of the Mauritians) today, I knew that I’d be reviewing art that treads the line between originality and insanity. I was not disappointed, as Hamilton’s production alone could be enough to put an audiophile on tilt through the inaudible murmurs of the beat. While everyone seems to have an opinion of CH, prompting the kind of vicious debates usually reserved for politics and Justin Bieber, the combination of his wild lyrical content and his ear for, um, uniqueness always keeps me interested in what’s to come from the eclectic emcee. If you also want to see where this rabbit hole goes, be sure to keep it locked to the Booth for more leaked records from Hamilton as he builds momentum for his “official” single, dropping in May.
Written by Sigurd on 04/6/10
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Brooklyn Girls" (2008)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- 1 Listen Album Review: Big Sean’s “Dark Sky Paradise”
- Every Rapper is Going to Die & So Will I
- Rap Quiz: Bet You Can’t Guess The Album Cover Pt. 6
- An Anti-Elitist Guide to Respecting Gucci Mane
- Breaking Down the Sordid Details of the Lil Wayne vs. Cash Money Lawsuit
- Oh My God, If Drake Dies Is He A Legend?
- Fine, You Got Me: Your Favorite Rapper’s First Tweet
- 1 Listen Album Review: Drake’s “If You’re Reading This It’s Too Late”
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.