When I think of Charles Hamilton, Joe Budden’s Padded Room album cover comes to mind. Or maybe listening to Sonic is more similar to taking the red pill in The Matrix. Regardless, when I pressed the “play” button and listened his latest effort Sega Music (Last of the Mauritians) today, I knew that I’d be reviewing art that treads the line between originality and insanity. I was not disappointed, as Hamilton’s production alone could be enough to put an audiophile on tilt through the inaudible murmurs of the beat. While everyone seems to have an opinion of CH, prompting the kind of vicious debates usually reserved for politics and Justin Bieber, the combination of his wild lyrical content and his ear for, um, uniqueness always keeps me interested in what’s to come from the eclectic emcee. If you also want to see where this rabbit hole goes, be sure to keep it locked to the Booth for more leaked records from Hamilton as he builds momentum for his “official” single, dropping in May.
Listen to More: Charles Hamilton Written by Sigurd
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Brooklyn Girls" (2008)
Member Reviews and Ratings
- DJ Drama x Don Cannon x Trendsetter Sense - The Boondocks Mixtape (Season 4)
- Mick Jenkins - Steam
- Top Hip Hop / R&B Music Chart (April 14, 2014)
- Future - Honest LP
- Nas - Illmatic XX
- Dizzy Wright - State of Mind EP
- Locksmith - A Thousand Cuts
- 25 Most Popular Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of March 2014
- Behind The Boards Interview Series: !llmind
- The Best Hip Hop Songs & Albums of 2013!
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.