Incredibly, it’s becoming cool to be a nerd in America. From oversized black glasses to spending hours gaming and reading comic books, nerdom is slowly but surely becoming something to be proud of instead of a hobby you need to keep as secret as your Pokemon collection (still need to take your lady out once in awhile, Urkel). The new generation of hip hop artists are at the forefront of this movement, as shown by Paperboy, the latest track from self-proclaimed nerds B.o.B. and Charles Hamilton. Using the theme of the classic Nintendo game with the same title as their starting point, the former XXL Freshmen don’t hold anything back, with both producing (along with Woody and bass by Kato) in addition to manning the mics. Lyrically both artists show their talents as they use their creativity to compare themselves to everything from the “top of a capital A” and the D List’s Kathy Griffin. So far the collaboration is just for kicks, but if it morphs into something bigger you’ll know where to find out first. Nerds unite!
Written by Sigurd on 03/30/10
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Brooklyn Girls" (2008)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Epic Fail: Bobby Shmurda’s Label Cashed In & Then Bailed Out
- Open Mic: Why Rappers Need to Play Small Shows
- 1 Listen Album Review: Big Sean’s “Dark Sky Paradise”
- Could Kanye’s Rapper Reparations Idea Actually Work?
- Every Rapper is Going to Die & So Will I
- An Anti-Elitist Guide to Respecting Gucci Mane
- Breaking Down the Sordid Details of the Lil Wayne vs. Cash Money Lawsuit
- Oh My God, If Drake Dies Is He A Legend?
- Fine, You Got Me: Your Favorite Rapper’s First Tweet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.