Incredibly, it’s becoming cool to be a nerd in America. From oversized black glasses to spending hours gaming and reading comic books, nerdom is slowly but surely becoming something to be proud of instead of a hobby you need to keep as secret as your Pokemon collection (still need to take your lady out once in awhile, Urkel). The new generation of hip hop artists are at the forefront of this movement, as shown by Paperboy, the latest track from self-proclaimed nerds B.o.B. and Charles Hamilton. Using the theme of the classic Nintendo game with the same title as their starting point, the former XXL Freshmen don’t hold anything back, with both producing (along with Woody and bass by Kato) in addition to manning the mics. Lyrically both artists show their talents as they use their creativity to compare themselves to everything from the “top of a capital A” and the D List’s Kathy Griffin. So far the collaboration is just for kicks, but if it morphs into something bigger you’ll know where to find out first. Nerds unite!
Written by Sigurd on 03/30/10
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Brooklyn Girls" (2008)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Billion Dollars in an Elevator: The Definitive 2014 Hip-Hop Timeline
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- Indie Savage: Crooked I Gets Physical With “Sex, Money & Hip-Hop”
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- Meet Fanesha Fabre, the Voice Behind the “La Musica De Harry Fraud” Drop
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- The Most Sampled Rapper Voices in Hip-Hop History
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.