Fresh off a label-mandated hiatus (allegedly due to mental health issues), Charles Hamilton is wasting no time in bringing us up to date on the state of his psyche. Having made his return official with the self-explanatory Charles Hamilton Is Back, the spiky emcee is ready to take listeners on a trip to a place called Loserville – which, contrary to the not-so-promising name, ends up being pretty dope. Over a swung instrumental brimming with off-kilter touches (slip on your headphones to enjoy the beat in its full weirdness), the Harlemite delivers bars that are looser and more conversational than his usual, but just as eccentrically complex. Of course, in Hamilton’s opinion, those who can’t follow his train of thought down its winding track are simply slow on the uptake: “Talkin’ cryptic? No, y’all stalling and I’m quick” Whatever the case may be, this far-from normal track offers plenty of food for thought. For more unconventionally dope bangers, check out “comeback mixtape” Normalcy when it drops tomorrow, December 9.
Listen to More: Charles Hamilton
Written by richard on 12/8/09
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Brooklyn Girls" (2008)
You Might Like...
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Best/Worst of the Week: Andre 3000 All Day, Queen Bey Reigns & More
- Draft Day: What Label Should Your Favorite Rapper Sign To?
- DJ Blaze - Blazing Cuts (August 2014)
- Kev Decor - Swamp Ass
- “Views from All Day”: Drake, Kanye & The State of Hip-Hop Leaks
- Jeezy - Seen It All: The Autobiography
- Ty Dolla $ign - $ign Language
- Drake vs. Lil Wayne - The Hits
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
- Even More Porn Stars in Music Videos (NSFW)