Fresh off a label-mandated hiatus (allegedly due to mental health issues), Charles Hamilton is wasting no time in bringing us up to date on the state of his psyche. Having made his return official with the self-explanatory Charles Hamilton Is Back, the spiky emcee is ready to take listeners on a trip to a place called Loserville – which, contrary to the not-so-promising name, ends up being pretty dope. Over a swung instrumental brimming with off-kilter touches (slip on your headphones to enjoy the beat in its full weirdness), the Harlemite delivers bars that are looser and more conversational than his usual, but just as eccentrically complex. Of course, in Hamilton’s opinion, those who can’t follow his train of thought down its winding track are simply slow on the uptake: “Talkin’ cryptic? No, y’all stalling and I’m quick” Whatever the case may be, this far-from normal track offers plenty of food for thought. For more unconventionally dope bangers, check out “comeback mixtape” Normalcy when it drops tomorrow, December 9.
Written by richard on 12/8/09
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Brooklyn Girls" (2008)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Kid Cudi Thinks Hip-Hop Is Endangered - He’s Wrong
- Tayyib Ali - Keystone State of Mind III
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (11/21)
- Best/Worst of the Week: Wale & Seinfeld, Kendrick on “SNL” & More
- Isaiah Rashad’s “Cilvia Demo” vs. Mick Jenkins’ “The Water[s]”
- What Rappers Would You Pick for “New York vs. Everybody”?
- Estonian Trap Rapper Tommy Cash is Going to Take Over the Internet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.