Don’t call it a comeback…actually, feel free to call it a comeback. Even Charles Hamilton is. Earlier this summer Hamilton’s label temporarily shelved the rising star due to alleged mental health problems, leading to roughly six-months of near silence from the always verbose rapper, but Hamilton has finally broken the ice again with the release of his new track, the aptly-titled Charles Hamilton is Back. An epically motivated cut with cinematic production from Hamilton himself, lyrically Hamilton wastes no time taking shots at everyone who’s slighted him over the past few months, railing against, “Critics that can’t stand him, triggers that can’t blam him, executives that can’t ban him.” Almost no rookie rapper has inspired the level of love and hate that Hamilton has, and now, if nothing else, the heated debate surrounding the man should resume again in three, two, one… Charles Hamilton is Back will be part of his provocatively titled new project The Normalcy Project, slated to drop December 9 (assuming he can keep his mental intact).
Written by Nathan S. on 11/23/09
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Brooklyn Girls" (2008)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- 1 Listen Album Review: Big Sean’s “Dark Sky Paradise”
- Every Rapper is Going to Die & So Will I
- Rap Quiz: Bet You Can’t Guess The Album Cover Pt. 6
- An Anti-Elitist Guide to Respecting Gucci Mane
- Breaking Down the Sordid Details of the Lil Wayne vs. Cash Money Lawsuit
- Oh My God, If Drake Dies Is He A Legend?
- Fine, You Got Me: Your Favorite Rapper’s First Tweet
- 1 Listen Album Review: Drake’s “If You’re Reading This It’s Too Late”
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.