Don’t call it a comeback…actually, feel free to call it a comeback. Even Charles Hamilton is. Earlier this summer Hamilton’s label temporarily shelved the rising star due to alleged mental health problems, leading to roughly six-months of near silence from the always verbose rapper, but Hamilton has finally broken the ice again with the release of his new track, the aptly-titled Charles Hamilton is Back. An epically motivated cut with cinematic production from Hamilton himself, lyrically Hamilton wastes no time taking shots at everyone who’s slighted him over the past few months, railing against, “Critics that can’t stand him, triggers that can’t blam him, executives that can’t ban him.” Almost no rookie rapper has inspired the level of love and hate that Hamilton has, and now, if nothing else, the heated debate surrounding the man should resume again in three, two, one… Charles Hamilton is Back will be part of his provocatively titled new project The Normalcy Project, slated to drop December 9 (assuming he can keep his mental intact).
Written by Nathan S. on 11/23/09
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Brooklyn Girls" (2008)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Eminem Vs. DJ Whoo Kid - Shady Classics
- Omar LinX - Forgive Me
- Kid Cudi Thinks Hip-Hop Is Endangered - He’s Wrong
- Tayyib Ali - Keystone State of Mind III
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (11/21)
- What Rappers Would You Pick for “New York vs. Everybody”?
- Estonian Trap Rapper Tommy Cash is Going to Take Over the Internet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.