Don’t call it a comeback…actually, feel free to call it a comeback. Even Charles Hamilton is. Earlier this summer Hamilton’s label temporarily shelved the rising star due to alleged mental health problems, leading to roughly six-months of near silence from the always verbose rapper, but Hamilton has finally broken the ice again with the release of his new track, the aptly-titled Charles Hamilton is Back. An epically motivated cut with cinematic production from Hamilton himself, lyrically Hamilton wastes no time taking shots at everyone who’s slighted him over the past few months, railing against, “Critics that can’t stand him, triggers that can’t blam him, executives that can’t ban him.” Almost no rookie rapper has inspired the level of love and hate that Hamilton has, and now, if nothing else, the heated debate surrounding the man should resume again in three, two, one… Charles Hamilton is Back will be part of his provocatively titled new project The Normalcy Project, slated to drop December 9 (assuming he can keep his mental intact).
Written by Nathan S. on 11/23/09
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Brooklyn Girls" (2008)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Billion Dollars in an Elevator: The Definitive 2014 Hip-Hop Timeline
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- Indie Savage: Crooked I Gets Physical With “Sex, Money & Hip-Hop”
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- Meet Fanesha Fabre, the Voice Behind the “La Musica De Harry Fraud” Drop
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- The Most Sampled Rapper Voices in Hip-Hop History
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.