Believe it or not, on December 9, Charles Hamilton’s ultra-successful online-only mixtape series, The Hamiltonization Process, will come to a bittersweet end. Premiering at OnSmash, The Pink Lavalamp is a 15-track project that Hamilton recorded between 2006 and 2007, a time he deems the “darkest period of [his] life,” and was completed in full before a bidding war between several labels sparked his highly-publicized deal with Interscope earlier this year. The first record released off the forthcoming project is the Max B. collaboration, The North Pole, which is unchanged from its original raw recording at the FDA Studios (“The Lab”). According to Hamilton, “Every verse was a dialogue. Every hook was an interlude. Every song was a scene.”
Listen to More: Charles Hamilton Written by DJ Z
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Brooklyn Girls" (2008)
Member Reviews and Ratings
- A 15 Song Tour Through Pharrell’s Career
- SchoolBoy Q ft. 2 Chainz - What They Want
- Future ft. Pharrell, Pusha T & Casino - Move That Dope
- Nyzzy Nyce - Nothing Nyce
- Devin Miles - Where the DJs At?
- Pharrell - G I R L
- Rick Ross - Mastermind
- 25 Most Popular Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of February 2014
- ScHoolboy Q - Oxymoron
- The Best Hip Hop Songs & Albums of 2013!
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.