Charles Hamilton isn’t quite a rapper, but he isn’t quite a singer either. He is his own entity, a producer-turned-performer with a raw voice and a playful delivery resembling a cross between Damian Marley and Lil Wayne’s sing-songy alter-ego. Brooklyn Girls, a leaked single off his upcoming mixtape, Green Lantern Presents Charles Hamilton: Outside Looking, is the perfect exhibition for this blossoming artist. The track is a punchline-filled affair that finds Hamilton paying just as much homage to himself as he does to Brooklyn girls, backed by the artist’s own production work. Surprisingly, the confidence he exudes in his words is convincing enough to come off as more than just empty swagger, leading one to believe that he may really be the next big thing.
Written by Charlie E. on 06/2/08
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Windows Media Player" (2008)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Isaiah Rashad’s “Cilvia Demo” vs. Mick Jenkins’ “The Water[s]”
- What Rappers Would You Pick for “New York vs. Everybody”?
- The Worlds Needs a Freddie Gibbs x BJ The Chicago Kid Album
- Tasha The Amazon - Can’t Control Us
- Is Madonna Working on a Secret Rap Album?
- Estonian Trap Rapper Tommy Cash is Going to Take Over the Internet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- All 72 of Drakes Billboard Top 100 Songs
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)