Charles Hamilton isn’t quite a rapper, but he isn’t quite a singer either. He is his own entity, a producer-turned-performer with a raw voice and a playful delivery resembling a cross between Damian Marley and Lil Wayne’s sing-songy alter-ego. Brooklyn Girls, a leaked single off his upcoming mixtape, Green Lantern Presents Charles Hamilton: Outside Looking, is the perfect exhibition for this blossoming artist. The track is a punchline-filled affair that finds Hamilton paying just as much homage to himself as he does to Brooklyn girls, backed by the artist’s own production work. Surprisingly, the confidence he exudes in his words is convincing enough to come off as more than just empty swagger, leading one to believe that he may really be the next big thing.
Written by Charlie E. on 06/2/08
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Windows Media Player" (2008)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- 1 Listen Album Review: Big Sean’s “Dark Sky Paradise”
- Could Kanye’s Rapper Reparations Idea Actually Work?
- Every Rapper is Going to Die & So Will I
- Rap Quiz: Bet You Can’t Guess The Album Cover Pt. 6
- An Anti-Elitist Guide to Respecting Gucci Mane
- Breaking Down the Sordid Details of the Lil Wayne vs. Cash Money Lawsuit
- Oh My God, If Drake Dies Is He A Legend?
- Fine, You Got Me: Your Favorite Rapper’s First Tweet
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.