Charles Hamilton isn’t quite a rapper, but he isn’t quite a singer either. He is his own entity, a producer-turned-performer with a raw voice and a playful delivery resembling a cross between Damian Marley and Lil Wayne’s sing-songy alter-ego. Brooklyn Girls, a leaked single off his upcoming mixtape, Green Lantern Presents Charles Hamilton: Outside Looking, is the perfect exhibition for this blossoming artist. The track is a punchline-filled affair that finds Hamilton paying just as much homage to himself as he does to Brooklyn girls, backed by the artist’s own production work. Surprisingly, the confidence he exudes in his words is convincing enough to come off as more than just empty swagger, leading one to believe that he may really be the next big thing.
Written by Charlie E. on 06/2/08
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Windows Media Player" (2008)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- Indie Savage: Crooked I Gets Physical With “Sex, Money & Hip-Hop”
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- 4 Fresh Songs (& An Album) You Might Have Missed (12/15)
- Meet Fanesha Fabre, the Voice Behind the “La Musica De Harry Fraud” Drop
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- The Most Sampled Rapper Voices in Hip-Hop History
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.