Charles Hamilton isn’t quite a rapper, but he isn’t quite a singer either. He is his own entity, a producer-turned-performer with a raw voice and a playful delivery resembling a cross between Damian Marley and Lil Wayne’s sing-songy alter-ego. Brooklyn Girls, a leaked single off his upcoming mixtape, Green Lantern Presents Charles Hamilton: Outside Looking, is the perfect exhibition for this blossoming artist. The track is a punchline-filled affair that finds Hamilton paying just as much homage to himself as he does to Brooklyn girls, backed by the artist’s own production work. Surprisingly, the confidence he exudes in his words is convincing enough to come off as more than just empty swagger, leading one to believe that he may really be the next big thing.
Written by Charlie E. on 06/2/08
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Windows Media Player" (2008)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- All 79 Things Chance the Rapper Hates on “No Better Blues”
- Lupe Fiasco ft. Sirah - Lilies
- ShayGray - No Sense of Accomplishment
- F*ck Norms: Why the Critics Are Wrong About Yung Lean
- Young Thug ft. Lil Wayne - Take Kare
- Jay Rock - Parental Advisory
- Run the Jewels ft. Zack De La Rocha - Close Your Eyes (And Count to F*ck)
- All 72 of Drakes Billboard Top 100 Songs
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.