What could be Better than a dope Booth debut from an up-and-coming artist? Try a dope Booth debut featuring the guest rhymes of an established house favorite. Charlei McQueen‘s official introduction to the music game, as well as to our pages, Better finds the Los Angeles singer showcasing her bright vocal style as she laces Digi+Phonic producer Willie B.‘s with a positive-minded account of her struggle to break through. THURZ, the West Coast phenom behind the recent, reader-acclaimed 517 W Queen Tape, contributes a quick, engaging verse on the back end. Feeling it? While Charlei McQueen doesn’t currently have any projects currently on the docket, fans can stay tuned to our pages for all the latest news and tunes from the rising R&B starlet.
Written by richard on 09/19/12
Submit your Rating
Follow the Script
This is the first song featured on DJBooth from this artist. If you would like to hear more, be sure to rate and comment!
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Billion Dollars in an Elevator: The Definitive 2014 Hip-Hop Timeline
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- Indie Savage: Crooked I Gets Physical With “Sex, Money & Hip-Hop”
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- Meet Fanesha Fabre, the Voice Behind the “La Musica De Harry Fraud” Drop
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- The Most Sampled Rapper Voices in Hip-Hop History
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.