Are you a pessimist who believes hip-hop is dead because of all the swagged out, meaningless manufactured music saturating the market? If you happen to fall into this camp, I highly recommend that you Open Your Eyes, because real hip-hop artists, like newcomer Chanda Mbao, are alive and in living color right in front of you. Making his Booth debut, the Zambia native introduces himself with an enlightening cut off his forthcoming project release. Backed by a fluttery beat from Sam The Kid that is powered by a dope piano riff, Mbao takes aim at the systems that look to manipulate and disenfranchise the common man with a crisp, fluid flow. Fans of educated hip-hop can find more conscious cuts on Mbao’s Desiderata album, set to drop this spring.
Written by Lucas G. on 02/11/13
Submit your Rating
This is the first song featured on DJBooth from this artist. If you would like to hear more, be sure to rate and comment!
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Lupe Fiasco ft. Billy Blue - Pu$$y
- Red Cup Nation ft. Tommy Parker - Girls
- Lil Dicky - Lemme Freak
- Yelawolf - Till It’s Gone
- Big K.R.I.T. ft. Juicy J, Rittz & A$AP Ferg - Drinkers Club
- Once Lost, a Lil Wayne Fan Finds His Faith in “Carter V”
- Rick Ross ft. Project Pat - Elvis Presley Blvd.
- Big Sean - Untitled EP
- Kendrick Sued Over “Rigamortis”, Should He Pay Up? (A Sample Clearance Guide)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.