Are you a pessimist who believes hip-hop is dead because of all the swagged out, meaningless manufactured music saturating the market? If you happen to fall into this camp, I highly recommend that you Open Your Eyes, because real hip-hop artists, like newcomer Chanda Mbao, are alive and in living color right in front of you. Making his Booth debut, the Zambia native introduces himself with an enlightening cut off his forthcoming project release. Backed by a fluttery beat from Sam The Kid that is powered by a dope piano riff, Mbao takes aim at the systems that look to manipulate and disenfranchise the common man with a crisp, fluid flow. Fans of educated hip-hop can find more conscious cuts on Mbao’s Desiderata album, set to drop this spring.
Written by Lucas G. on 02/11/13
This is the first song featured on DJBooth from this artist. If you would like to hear more, be sure to rate and comment!
Member Reviews and Ratings
- DJBooth City Cypher #1 (ft. Emilio Rojas, Maffew Ragazino, Black Dave, HD & Kirk Knight)
- It’s Electric: An EDM Guide For the Hip-Hop Head
- Best/Worst Of The Week: Coolio Turns To Porn, Nicki’s Comical Booty & More
- Russ, The Wild Card #TopProspects
- Sean Brown - The Top
- Even More Porn Stars in Music Videos (NSFW)
- Common - Nobody’s Smiling
- Real Recognize Real: Wrekonize on Pink Floyd, the Rise of TDE & More
- Bobby Shmurda is the New Worst Thing to Happen to Shmusic
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.