Are you a pessimist who believes hip-hop is dead because of all the swagged out, meaningless manufactured music saturating the market? If you happen to fall into this camp, I highly recommend that you Open Your Eyes, because real hip-hop artists, like newcomer Chanda Mbao, are alive and in living color right in front of you. Making his Booth debut, the Zambia native introduces himself with an enlightening cut off his forthcoming project release. Backed by a fluttery beat from Sam The Kid that is powered by a dope piano riff, Mbao takes aim at the systems that look to manipulate and disenfranchise the common man with a crisp, fluid flow. Fans of educated hip-hop can find more conscious cuts on Mbao’s Desiderata album, set to drop this spring.
This is the first song featured on DJBooth from this artist. If you would like to hear more, be sure to rate and comment!
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Win an Exclusive Vinyl Version of De La Soul’s “Smell The Da.I.S.Y.” [CONTEST]
- DJ Drama x Don Cannon x Trendsetter Sense - The Boondocks Mixtape (Season 4)
- Mick Jenkins - Steam
- Top Hip Hop / R&B Music Chart (April 14, 2014)
- Future - Honest LP
- Nas - Illmatic XX
- Dizzy Wright - State of Mind EP
- Locksmith - A Thousand Cuts
- 25 Most Popular Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of March 2014
- The Best Hip Hop Songs & Albums of 2013!
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.