Are you a pessimist who believes hip-hop is dead because of all the swagged out, meaningless manufactured music saturating the market? If you happen to fall into this camp, I highly recommend that you Open Your Eyes, because real hip-hop artists, like newcomer Chanda Mbao, are alive and in living color right in front of you. Making his Booth debut, the Zambia native introduces himself with an enlightening cut off his forthcoming project release. Backed by a fluttery beat from Sam The Kid that is powered by a dope piano riff, Mbao takes aim at the systems that look to manipulate and disenfranchise the common man with a crisp, fluid flow. Fans of educated hip-hop can find more conscious cuts on Mbao’s Desiderata album, set to drop this spring.
Written by Lucas G. on 02/11/13
Submit your Rating
This is the first song featured on DJBooth from this artist. If you would like to hear more, be sure to rate and comment!
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- What Rappers Would You Pick for “New York vs. Everybody”?
- The Worlds Needs a Freddie Gibbs x BJ The Chicago Kid Album
- Tasha The Amazon - Can’t Control Us
- Is Madonna Working on a Secret Rap Album?
- RyattFienix - Ryse of the Fienix
- Estonian Trap Rapper Tommy Cash is Going to Take Over the Internet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- All 72 of Drakes Billboard Top 100 Songs
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)