It’s now been more than a year since Chance the Rapper dropped his breakthrough Acid Rap album, and while common wisdom would dictate that he drop a new project yesterday, since when has Chance done the expected. Case in point, his new song, Wonderful Everyday: Arthur. Featuring more instrumentation and beat changes than we can possibly list (word to The O’Mys, Peter Cottontale and Donnie Trumpet), along with vocals from a phalanx of singers, including Wyclef Jean, Francis & The Lights, Jesse Ware, Elle Varner and Eryn Allen Kane, Wonderful Everyday defies any attempt at easy definition; and that’s exactly what we’ve come to expect from Chance. Still no word on his next project, but knowing him, he’ll drop it when he’s ready, that’s when.
Written by Nathan S. on 07/30/14
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Billion Dollars in an Elevator: The Definitive 2014 Hip-Hop Timeline
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- Indie Savage: Crooked I Gets Physical With “Sex, Money & Hip-Hop”
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- Meet Fanesha Fabre, the Voice Behind the “La Musica De Harry Fraud” Drop
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- The Most Sampled Rapper Voices in Hip-Hop History
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.