It’s now been more than a year since Chance the Rapper dropped his breakthrough Acid Rap album, and while common wisdom would dictate that he drop a new project yesterday, since when has Chance done the expected. Case in point, his new song, Wonderful Everyday: Arthur. Featuring more instrumentation and beat changes than we can possibly list (word to The O’Mys, Peter Cottontale and Donnie Trumpet), along with vocals from a phalanx of singers, including Wyclef Jean, Francis & The Lights, Jesse Ware, Elle Varner and Eryn Allen Kane, Wonderful Everyday defies any attempt at easy definition; and that’s exactly what we’ve come to expect from Chance. Still no word on his next project, but knowing him, he’ll drop it when he’s ready, that’s when.
Written by Nathan S. on 07/30/14
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Isaiah Rashad’s “Cilvia Demo” vs. Mick Jenkins’ “The Water[s]”
- What Rappers Would You Pick for “New York vs. Everybody”?
- The Worlds Needs a Freddie Gibbs x BJ The Chicago Kid Album
- Tasha The Amazon - Can’t Control Us
- Is Madonna Working on a Secret Rap Album?
- Estonian Trap Rapper Tommy Cash is Going to Take Over the Internet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- All 72 of Drakes Billboard Top 100 Songs
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)