It’s now been more than a year since Chance the Rapper dropped his breakthrough Acid Rap album, and while common wisdom would dictate that he drop a new project yesterday, since when has Chance done the expected. Case in point, his new song, Wonderful Everyday: Arthur. Featuring more instrumentation and beat changes than we can possibly list (word to The O’Mys, Peter Cottontale and Donnie Trumpet), along with vocals from a phalanx of singers, including Wyclef Jean, Francis & The Lights, Jesse Ware, Elle Varner and Eryn Allen Kane, Wonderful Everyday defies any attempt at easy definition; and that’s exactly what we’ve come to expect from Chance. Still no word on his next project, but knowing him, he’ll drop it when he’s ready, that’s when.
Written by Nathan S. on 07/30/14
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Epic Fail: Bobby Shmurda’s Label Cashed In & Then Bailed Out
- Open Mic: Why Rappers Need to Play Small Shows
- 1 Listen Album Review: Big Sean’s “Dark Sky Paradise”
- Could Kanye’s Rapper Reparations Idea Actually Work?
- Every Rapper is Going to Die & So Will I
- An Anti-Elitist Guide to Respecting Gucci Mane
- Breaking Down the Sordid Details of the Lil Wayne vs. Cash Money Lawsuit
- Oh My God, If Drake Dies Is He A Legend?
- Fine, You Got Me: Your Favorite Rapper’s First Tweet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.