When’s the last time you listened to a new rap record and thought to yourself, “Damn, this intro is dope.”? For me, it was way back in 2009. While Sharam‘s She Came Along still boasts the best opening seconds of any track I’ve encountered in my DJBooth tenure, I can’t front; Chance the Rapper‘s latest single has one Good Ass Intro. Best of the Booth-winning R&B singer BJ the Chicago Kid teams up with Lili K, Peter Cottontale (who co-produces the joint with Stefan Ponce), John Legend and Kiara Lanier to lace the front twenty seconds or so with their radiant gospel harmonies, before passing the mic to Chance for some characteristically melodic, high-energy bars. OJ Hays and Andrew Shaw direct the cut’s trippy official visuals. For this joint, previously-featured singles Acid Rain and Juice, and much more, check out Chance’s Acid Rap LP when it drops digitally in April.
Written by richard on 03/14/13
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- 5 More Fresh Songs You Might Have Missed
- DJ Blaze - Blazing Cuts (September 2014)
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (9/26)
- Madison | LST ft. Kiah Victoria - The World
- Kings Dead - Don’t Need Much
- Nova Rockafeller ft. Michael Christmas - Problem
- Stalley ft. Rick Ross - Everything A Dope Boy Ever Wanted
- Saigon - GSNT3: The Troubled Times of Brian Carenard
- How to Get Your Music Posted Online: The Email Edition
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.