When’s the last time you listened to a new rap record and thought to yourself, “Damn, this intro is dope.”? For me, it was way back in 2009. While Sharam‘s She Came Along still boasts the best opening seconds of any track I’ve encountered in my DJBooth tenure, I can’t front; Chance the Rapper‘s latest single has one Good Ass Intro. Best of the Booth-winning R&B singer BJ the Chicago Kid teams up with Lili K, Peter Cottontale (who co-produces the joint with Stefan Ponce), John Legend and Kiara Lanier to lace the front twenty seconds or so with their radiant gospel harmonies, before passing the mic to Chance for some characteristically melodic, high-energy bars. OJ Hays and Andrew Shaw direct the cut’s trippy official visuals. For this joint, previously-featured singles Acid Rain and Juice, and much more, check out Chance’s Acid Rap LP when it drops digitally in April.
First DJ Booth Appearance:
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Smoke Weed Everyday: A 30 Song 4/20 Playlist
- FL (of The Foodchain) - Young Amsterdam
- Future - Honest LP
- Win an Exclusive Vinyl Version of De La Soul’s “Smell The Da.I.S.Y.” [CONTEST]
- DJ Drama x Don Cannon x Trendsetter Sense - The Boondocks Mixtape (Season 4)
- Mick Jenkins - Steam
- Dizzy Wright - State of Mind EP
- Locksmith - A Thousand Cuts
- 25 Most Popular Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of March 2014
- The Best Hip Hop Songs & Albums of 2013!
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.