When’s the last time you listened to a new rap record and thought to yourself, “Damn, this intro is dope.”? For me, it was way back in 2009. While Sharam‘s She Came Along still boasts the best opening seconds of any track I’ve encountered in my DJBooth tenure, I can’t front; Chance the Rapper‘s latest single has one Good Ass Intro. Best of the Booth-winning R&B singer BJ the Chicago Kid teams up with Lili K, Peter Cottontale (who co-produces the joint with Stefan Ponce), John Legend and Kiara Lanier to lace the front twenty seconds or so with their radiant gospel harmonies, before passing the mic to Chance for some characteristically melodic, high-energy bars. OJ Hays and Andrew Shaw direct the cut’s trippy official visuals. For this joint, previously-featured singles Acid Rain and Juice, and much more, check out Chance’s Acid Rap LP when it drops digitally in April.
Written by richard on 03/14/13
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Epic Fail: Bobby Shmurda’s Label Cashed In & Then Bailed Out
- Open Mic: Why Rappers Need to Play Small Shows
- 1 Listen Album Review: Big Sean’s “Dark Sky Paradise”
- Could Kanye’s Rapper Reparations Idea Actually Work?
- Every Rapper is Going to Die & So Will I
- An Anti-Elitist Guide to Respecting Gucci Mane
- Breaking Down the Sordid Details of the Lil Wayne vs. Cash Money Lawsuit
- Oh My God, If Drake Dies Is He A Legend?
- Fine, You Got Me: Your Favorite Rapper’s First Tweet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.