When’s the last time you listened to a new rap record and thought to yourself, “Damn, this intro is dope.”? For me, it was way back in 2009. While Sharam‘s She Came Along still boasts the best opening seconds of any track I’ve encountered in my DJBooth tenure, I can’t front; Chance the Rapper‘s latest single has one Good Ass Intro. Best of the Booth-winning R&B singer BJ the Chicago Kid teams up with Lili K, Peter Cottontale (who co-produces the joint with Stefan Ponce), John Legend and Kiara Lanier to lace the front twenty seconds or so with their radiant gospel harmonies, before passing the mic to Chance for some characteristically melodic, high-energy bars. OJ Hays and Andrew Shaw direct the cut’s trippy official visuals. For this joint, previously-featured singles Acid Rain and Juice, and much more, check out Chance’s Acid Rap LP when it drops digitally in April.
Written by richard on 03/14/13
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Freddie Gibbs x Madlib ft. Action Bronson, Joey BadA$$ & Ransom - Knicks (Remix)
- All 79 Things Chance the Rapper Hates on “No Better Blues”
- Lupe Fiasco ft. Sirah - Lilies
- ShayGray - No Sense of Accomplishment
- F*ck Norms: Why the Critics Are Wrong About Yung Lean
- Lorenzo Asher, The Director #TopProspects
- Jay Rock - Parental Advisory
- Run the Jewels ft. Zack De La Rocha - Close Your Eyes (And Count to F*ck)
- All 72 of Drakes Billboard Top 100 Songs
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.