When’s the last time you listened to a new rap record and thought to yourself, “Damn, this intro is dope.”? For me, it was way back in 2009. While Sharam‘s She Came Along still boasts the best opening seconds of any track I’ve encountered in my DJBooth tenure, I can’t front; Chance the Rapper‘s latest single has one Good Ass Intro. Best of the Booth-winning R&B singer BJ the Chicago Kid teams up with Lili K, Peter Cottontale (who co-produces the joint with Stefan Ponce), John Legend and Kiara Lanier to lace the front twenty seconds or so with their radiant gospel harmonies, before passing the mic to Chance for some characteristically melodic, high-energy bars. OJ Hays and Andrew Shaw direct the cut’s trippy official visuals. For this joint, previously-featured singles Acid Rain and Juice, and much more, check out Chance’s Acid Rap LP when it drops digitally in April.
Written by richard on 03/14/13
First DJ Booth Appearance:
You Might Like...
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Once Lost, a Lil Wayne Fan Finds His Faith in “Carter V”
- Rick Ross ft. Project Pat - Elvis Presley Blvd.
- Big Sean - Untitled EP
- Chris Brown ft. Trey Songz - Songs on 12 Play
- Dyme-A-Duzin - Hip Hope
- Max Wonders - Questions
- “I’m Real”: Five Questions With Raury
- Mick Jenkins - DJBooth RapBox Freestyle
- Kendrick Sued Over “Rigamortis”, Should He Pay Up? (A Sample Clearance Guide)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.