For all rappers’ talk about top-shelf liquors, expensive whips and fly clothes, I would venture a guess that few rappers who grind their way from the bottom to the top are motivated solely by their lust for luxury goods; in between the flossed-out lines typically lies a deeper desire to create a better life for one’s Family and friends. Booth newcomer Chance the Rapper, for one, isn’t ashamed to admit that his people mean immeasurably more to him than all the accoutrements of the fast life combined. On the latest leak off his forthcoming mixtape, Blended Babies slice and dice a piano-driven sample from 1970’s rockers Angel’s You’re Not Fooling Me (Yello’s famous “Oh yeah” also makes a cameo appearance.) as the Chi-town representative states his intent to “...grind all day till my fam OK.” Fellow Windy City mic-murderers Vic Mensa and Sulaiman echo the headliner’s sentiments on the guest tip. Digging this heartfelt jam? Plenty more bangers await on Chance’s 10Days street album, scheduled for digital release in the near future.
Written by richard on 03/12/12
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Wonder Years" (2012)
Member Reviews and Ratings
- After Wiz Khalifa’s “Blacc Hollywood”, What Does a Number One Album Mean?
- Jeezy - Seen It All: The Autobiography
- Cam’ron - 1st of the Month Vol. 3 EP
- Best/Worst of the Week: Andre 3000 All Day, Queen Bey Reigns & More
- Draft Day: What Label Should Your Favorite Rapper Sign To?
- DJ Blaze - Blazing Cuts (August 2014)
- “Views from All Day”: Drake, Kanye & The State of Hip-Hop Leaks
- Drake vs. Lil Wayne - The Hits
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
- Even More Porn Stars in Music Videos (NSFW)