On his debut Booth feature, released back in March of 2012, Chance the Rapper made clear that his paper chase is only a means to the end of creating a better life for his Family and friends. Nearly 12 months later, the Chi-town representative demonstrates that the people around him remain priority numero uno by resurrecting the jam in an officially remixed version. Coming on the heels of last week’s reader-acclaimed Juice, this version of the 10 Day inclusion retains Chance and Kids These Days emcee Vic Mensa‘s verses, but features an updated instrumental. In place of their original boardwork, which sampled ‘70s rockers Angel’s You’re Not Foolin Me, Blended Babies serve up a guitar/drum-machine groove that’s slightly rougher around the edges. Better than the original? As always, that’s for y’all to decide. Whatever your verdict, though, you’ll want to keep it locked for the latest on Chance’s currently-unscheduled forthcoming album, Acid Rap.
First DJ Booth Appearance:
Member Reviews and Ratings
- A 15 Song Tour Through Pharrell’s Career
- SchoolBoy Q ft. 2 Chainz - What They Want
- Future ft. Pharrell, Pusha T & Casino - Move That Dope
- Nyzzy Nyce - Nothing Nyce
- Devin Miles - Where the DJs At?
- Pharrell - G I R L
- Rick Ross - Mastermind
- 25 Most Popular Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of February 2014
- ScHoolboy Q - Oxymoron
- The Best Hip Hop Songs & Albums of 2013!
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.