On his debut Booth feature, released back in March of 2012, Chance the Rapper made clear that his paper chase is only a means to the end of creating a better life for his Family and friends. Nearly 12 months later, the Chi-town representative demonstrates that the people around him remain priority numero uno by resurrecting the jam in an officially remixed version. Coming on the heels of last week’s reader-acclaimed Juice, this version of the 10 Day inclusion retains Chance and Kids These Days emcee Vic Mensa‘s verses, but features an updated instrumental. In place of their original boardwork, which sampled ‘70s rockers Angel’s You’re Not Foolin Me, Blended Babies serve up a guitar/drum-machine groove that’s slightly rougher around the edges. Better than the original? As always, that’s for y’all to decide. Whatever your verdict, though, you’ll want to keep it locked for the latest on Chance’s currently-unscheduled forthcoming album, Acid Rap.
Written by richard on 02/5/13
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Reggie Bonds - Stream of Consciousness Pt. 1
- Eminem Vs. DJ Whoo Kid - Shady Classics
- Kid Cudi Thinks Hip-Hop Is Endangered - He’s Wrong
- Tayyib Ali - Keystone State of Mind III
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (11/21)
- What Rappers Would You Pick for “New York vs. Everybody”?
- Estonian Trap Rapper Tommy Cash is Going to Take Over the Internet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.