For all rappers’ talk about top-shelf liquors, expensive whips and fly clothes, I would venture a guess that few rappers who grind their way from the bottom to the top are motivated solely by their lust for luxury goods; in between the flossed-out lines typically lies a deeper desire to create a better life for one’s Family and friends. Booth newcomer Chance the Rapper, for one, isn’t ashamed to admit that his people mean immeasurably more to him than all the accoutrements of the fast life combined. On the latest leak off his forthcoming mixtape, Blended Babies slice and dice a piano-driven sample from 1970’s rockers Angel’s You’re Not Fooling Me (Yello’s famous “Oh yeah” also makes a cameo appearance.) as the Chi-town representative states his intent to “...grind all day till my fam OK.” Fellow Windy City mic-murderers Vic Mensa and Sulaiman echo the headliner’s sentiments on the guest tip. Digging this heartfelt jam? Plenty more bangers await on Chance’s 10Days street album, scheduled for digital release in the near future.
Written by richard on 03/12/12
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Wonder Years" (2012)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Fast Food Music: How Our Hunger for More is Killing Hip-Hop
- Rihanna & Kanye’s “FourFiveSeconds” is a Blue Collar Anthem
- What If Drake Didn’t Sign To Young Money?
- Digging Up Your Favorite Rapper’s Hidden Internet Gems
- The Liberation of Lupe Fiasco on “Tetsuo & Youth”
- No Money, No Family: Iggy Azalea’s Insane Coming to America Story
- A Very Serious Lyrical Analysis of Lil Wayne’s “Sorry 4 The Wait 2”
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Who Was the Worst Rapper of 2014?
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.