For all rappers’ talk about top-shelf liquors, expensive whips and fly clothes, I would venture a guess that few rappers who grind their way from the bottom to the top are motivated solely by their lust for luxury goods; in between the flossed-out lines typically lies a deeper desire to create a better life for one’s Family and friends. Booth newcomer Chance the Rapper, for one, isn’t ashamed to admit that his people mean immeasurably more to him than all the accoutrements of the fast life combined. On the latest leak off his forthcoming mixtape, Blended Babies slice and dice a piano-driven sample from 1970’s rockers Angel’s You’re Not Fooling Me (Yello’s famous “Oh yeah” also makes a cameo appearance.) as the Chi-town representative states his intent to “...grind all day till my fam OK.” Fellow Windy City mic-murderers Vic Mensa and Sulaiman echo the headliner’s sentiments on the guest tip. Digging this heartfelt jam? Plenty more bangers await on Chance’s 10Days street album, scheduled for digital release in the near future.
Written by richard on 03/12/12
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Wonder Years" (2012)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- What Rappers Would You Pick for “New York vs. Everybody”?
- The Worlds Needs a Freddie Gibbs x BJ The Chicago Kid Album
- Tasha The Amazon - Can’t Control Us
- Is Madonna Working on a Secret Rap Album?
- RyattFienix - Ryse of the Fienix
- Estonian Trap Rapper Tommy Cash is Going to Take Over the Internet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- All 72 of Drakes Billboard Top 100 Songs
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)