When you’re a (self-proclaimed) member of rap royalty like Chance Fischer, a simple “Yo” or “Hi” just doesn’t do justice to the honor of your presence. That’s why, for his first feature and latest single, the Richmond, Virginia rhymesayer’s come up with a new, signature greeting: a hearty “Salutations,” accompanied by a two-handed, middle-finger salute. Denero and Matt Campfield man the mixing boards on this imperious banger, layering melodramatic choral harmonies over ominous synths and midtempo percussion. For his part, Fischer delivers some of the most entertainingly over-the-top braggadocio I’ve heard in a minute, demanding “All hail to the motherf**kin’ Caesar,” and boasting of his power to ”save a demon out of hell.” Presumptuous? Perhaps, but inflated self-regard ain’t exactly a handicap in the rap game—in fact, it’s more of a prerequisite. Those who are ready to pledge their fealty to Chance Fischer can expect more dope tunes where this came from on Friends.Romans.Collegemen, scheduled for release December 15.
Written by richard on 10/16/12
Submit your Rating
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- 2014, The Year I Learned to Say Fuck the Police
- Billion Dollars in an Elevator: The Definitive 2014 Hip-Hop Timeline
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- Indie Savage: Crooked I Gets Physical With “Sex, Money & Hip-Hop”
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- Meet Fanesha Fabre, the Voice Behind the “La Musica De Harry Fraud” Drop
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.