When you’re a (self-proclaimed) member of rap royalty like Chance Fischer, a simple “Yo” or “Hi” just doesn’t do justice to the honor of your presence. That’s why, for his first feature and latest single, the Richmond, Virginia rhymesayer’s come up with a new, signature greeting: a hearty “Salutations,” accompanied by a two-handed, middle-finger salute. Denero and Matt Campfield man the mixing boards on this imperious banger, layering melodramatic choral harmonies over ominous synths and midtempo percussion. For his part, Fischer delivers some of the most entertainingly over-the-top braggadocio I’ve heard in a minute, demanding “All hail to the motherf**kin’ Caesar,” and boasting of his power to ”save a demon out of hell.” Presumptuous? Perhaps, but inflated self-regard ain’t exactly a handicap in the rap game—in fact, it’s more of a prerequisite. Those who are ready to pledge their fealty to Chance Fischer can expect more dope tunes where this came from on Friends.Romans.Collegemen, scheduled for release December 15.
Written by richard on 10/16/12
Submit your Rating
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Epic Fail: Bobby Shmurda’s Label Cashed In & Then Bailed Out
- Open Mic: Why Rappers Need to Play Small Shows
- 1 Listen Album Review: Big Sean’s “Dark Sky Paradise”
- Could Kanye’s Rapper Reparations Idea Actually Work?
- Every Rapper is Going to Die & So Will I
- An Anti-Elitist Guide to Respecting Gucci Mane
- Breaking Down the Sordid Details of the Lil Wayne vs. Cash Money Lawsuit
- Oh My God, If Drake Dies Is He A Legend?
- Fine, You Got Me: Your Favorite Rapper’s First Tweet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.