When you’re a (self-proclaimed) member of rap royalty like Chance Fischer, a simple “Yo” or “Hi” just doesn’t do justice to the honor of your presence. That’s why, for his first feature and latest single, the Richmond, Virginia rhymesayer’s come up with a new, signature greeting: a hearty “Salutations,” accompanied by a two-handed, middle-finger salute. Denero and Matt Campfield man the mixing boards on this imperious banger, layering melodramatic choral harmonies over ominous synths and midtempo percussion. For his part, Fischer delivers some of the most entertainingly over-the-top braggadocio I’ve heard in a minute, demanding “All hail to the motherf**kin’ Caesar,” and boasting of his power to ”save a demon out of hell.” Presumptuous? Perhaps, but inflated self-regard ain’t exactly a handicap in the rap game—in fact, it’s more of a prerequisite. Those who are ready to pledge their fealty to Chance Fischer can expect more dope tunes where this came from on Friends.Romans.Collegemen, scheduled for release December 15.
Written by richard on 10/16/12
Submit your Rating
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- No Money, No Family: Iggy Azalea’s Insane Coming to America Story
- A Very Serious Lyrical Analysis of Lil Wayne’s “Sorry 4 The Wait 2”
- Rap Lines That Make No Fucking Sense: The Comeback
- 1 Listen Album Review: Lupe Fiasco’s “Tetsuo & Youth” (Lupe Back)
- Inside the Conspiracy Theory World of Childish Gambino’s Music Videos
- KIDD - Whipped Cream
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Who Was the Worst Rapper of 2014?
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.