In light of the current recession and the inability for the Senate to pass the proposed bailout bill, Virginia Beach native Champain Era showcases his “grussle” on the D.C.-flavored Back to the Future. Sounding eerily like a Mary J. Blige throwaway, this bouncy banger is a strong first single candidate for the forthcoming New Year’s. Over a go-go beat courtesy of producer Warryn Campbell, the new-school Marty McFly reps the Beach in an entertaining and witty fashion. So long as he differentiates himself from the so-called “swag” rappers that constantly are getting the shine, this upbeat emcee has a good shot at ringing in a new Era.
Written by Kevin L. Clark on 09/29/08
Submit your Rating
The District (Indie)
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"New Years" (2008)
Total DJ Booth Features:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- 1 Listen Album Review: Big Sean’s “Dark Sky Paradise”
- Every Rapper is Going to Die & So Will I
- Rap Quiz: Bet You Can’t Guess The Album Cover Pt. 6
- An Anti-Elitist Guide to Respecting Gucci Mane
- Breaking Down the Sordid Details of the Lil Wayne vs. Cash Money Lawsuit
- Oh My God, If Drake Dies Is He A Legend?
- Fine, You Got Me: Your Favorite Rapper’s First Tweet
- 1 Listen Album Review: Drake’s “If You’re Reading This It’s Too Late”
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.