In light of the current recession and the inability for the Senate to pass the proposed bailout bill, Virginia Beach native Champain Era showcases his “grussle” on the D.C.-flavored Back to the Future. Sounding eerily like a Mary J. Blige throwaway, this bouncy banger is a strong first single candidate for the forthcoming New Year’s. Over a go-go beat courtesy of producer Warryn Campbell, the new-school Marty McFly reps the Beach in an entertaining and witty fashion. So long as he differentiates himself from the so-called “swag” rappers that constantly are getting the shine, this upbeat emcee has a good shot at ringing in a new Era.
Written by Kevin L. Clark on 09/29/08
Submit your Rating
The District (Indie)
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"New Years" (2008)
Total DJ Booth Features:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Billion Dollars in an Elevator: The Definitive 2014 Hip-Hop Timeline
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- Indie Savage: Crooked I Gets Physical With “Sex, Money & Hip-Hop”
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- Meet Fanesha Fabre, the Voice Behind the “La Musica De Harry Fraud” Drop
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- The Most Sampled Rapper Voices in Hip-Hop History
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.