Following the platinum-certified Sound of Revenge and the critically-acclaimed (but mediocre-selling) Ultimate Victory, Chamillionaire has taken his recording career in a new direction. Moving from Universal Motown to its sister label Universal Republic, the H-Town superstar has begun work on his third studio album, Venom. As he has done with both predecessors, Cham will kick off album promotion with another installment of his popular Mixtape Messiah series, to be released on November 23 (one day before eagerly-anticipated projects from Kanye West and Ludacris land in stores). One of the many freestyles to be included on MM5 is performed over the Kanye West-produced hit single Swagger Like Us. As always, Cham impresses with his witty punchlines and lyrical skill, two qualities that prove that very few got swagga like Cham.
Written by Burmy on 11/10/08
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Bet That" (2006)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- 2014, The Year I Learned to Say Fuck the Police
- Billion Dollars in an Elevator: The Definitive 2014 Hip-Hop Timeline
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- Indie Savage: Crooked I Gets Physical With “Sex, Money & Hip-Hop”
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- Meet Fanesha Fabre, the Voice Behind the “La Musica De Harry Fraud” Drop
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.