Following the platinum-certified Sound of Revenge and the critically-acclaimed (but mediocre-selling) Ultimate Victory, Chamillionaire has taken his recording career in a new direction. Moving from Universal Motown to its sister label Universal Republic, the H-Town superstar has begun work on his third studio album, Venom. As he has done with both predecessors, Cham will kick off album promotion with another installment of his popular Mixtape Messiah series, to be released on November 23 (one day before eagerly-anticipated projects from Kanye West and Ludacris land in stores). One of the many freestyles to be included on MM5 is performed over the Kanye West-produced hit single Swagger Like Us. As always, Cham impresses with his witty punchlines and lyrical skill, two qualities that prove that very few got swagga like Cham.
Written by Burmy on 11/10/08
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Bet That" (2006)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Fast Food Music: How Our Hunger for More is Killing Hip-Hop
- Rihanna & Kanye’s “FourFiveSeconds” is a Blue Collar Anthem
- What If Drake Didn’t Sign To Young Money?
- Digging Up Your Favorite Rapper’s Hidden Internet Gems
- The Liberation of Lupe Fiasco on “Tetsuo & Youth”
- No Money, No Family: Iggy Azalea’s Insane Coming to America Story
- A Very Serious Lyrical Analysis of Lil Wayne’s “Sorry 4 The Wait 2”
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Who Was the Worst Rapper of 2014?
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.