Through all the ups and downs of Chamillionaire‘s career, his city has never failed to show him love - and, needless to say, he’s been quick to reciprocate its affection. Just in case anyone had any doubts regarding his continuing allegiance to the H, however, the rapper has decided to drive the point home with Won’t Change, the latest single off his forthcoming EP. Over VMan Productions’ flanged guitar riffs and slow-rolling rhythm sections, the Chamilitary Man paints a vivid picture of his home streets, “...where we be ridin’ vogues and swangs, and cups be overflowed with drank..” In addition to big-upping Houston, the artist takes time out to contradict those who would say his greatest achievements lie in the past, spitting, “Some will say that you’re finished the moment you disappear / but if diamonds could tell the future my future would be crystal clear.” Singer Tami LaTrell puts the finishing touches on this Southern banger, breaking it down in a smoothed-out bridge as well as accompanying the headliner on the chorus. Has this joint whet your appetite for more? Then what are you waiting for? Head down to Cham’s official site today and pre-order his Ammunition EP, scheduled for digital release March 20.
Written by richard on 02/19/12
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Bet That" (2006)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- 1 Listen Album Review: Big Sean’s “Dark Sky Paradise”
- Every Rapper is Going to Die & So Will I
- Rap Quiz: Bet You Can’t Guess The Album Cover Pt. 6
- An Anti-Elitist Guide to Respecting Gucci Mane
- Breaking Down the Sordid Details of the Lil Wayne vs. Cash Money Lawsuit
- Oh My God, If Drake Dies Is He A Legend?
- Fine, You Got Me: Your Favorite Rapper’s First Tweet
- 1 Listen Album Review: Drake’s “If You’re Reading This It’s Too Late”
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.