Chamillionaire’s fourth Poison Playlist feature is the Short Dawg assisted Passenger Seat, a Southern groove sure to get burn in more than a few Caddys down in Houston, and around the country. Producer Cory Mo’s beat is complete with subtly smooth horns, some funky bass riffs and even a little down-home organ placement that could take you back to your southern church roots. King Koopa has always had a way with hooks, and this Seat is no different. While it’s reminiscent of Dr. Dre’s Let Me Ride, it stands on its own as an ear catcher that will have all the guys grippin’ that grain thinking that the boppers are trying to catch a ride. Cham’s rhymes don’t disappoint either, continuing to dispel the myth that southern MC’s can’t compete lyrically (can you believe people still feel that way?), while Young Money signee Short Dawg more than holds his weight with his H-Town brethren. Major Pain 1.5 is set to drop April 18, but I’m sure we’ll be treated to a few more leaks before then. Lucky us.
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Bet That ft. Chamillionaire & Goldrush" (2006)
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Logic ft. Big Sean - Alright
- Top Remixes of the Month [April 2014]
- Asher Roth - Retrohash
- Iggy Azalea - The New Classic
- Joyner Lucas - Don’t Ask for Nothin
- Top Hip Hop / R&B Music Songs Chart (April 21, 2014)
- Behind The Boards Interview Series: Statik Selektah
- Future - Honest LP
- Win an Exclusive Vinyl Version of De La Soul’s “Smell The Da.I.S.Y.” [CONTEST]
- The Best Hip Hop Songs & Albums of 2013!
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.