Chamillionaire’s fourth Poison Playlist feature is the Short Dawg assisted Passenger Seat, a Southern groove sure to get burn in more than a few Caddys down in Houston, and around the country. Producer Cory Mo’s beat is complete with subtly smooth horns, some funky bass riffs and even a little down-home organ placement that could take you back to your southern church roots. King Koopa has always had a way with hooks, and this Seat is no different. While it’s reminiscent of Dr. Dre’s Let Me Ride, it stands on its own as an ear catcher that will have all the guys grippin’ that grain thinking that the boppers are trying to catch a ride. Cham’s rhymes don’t disappoint either, continuing to dispel the myth that southern MC’s can’t compete lyrically (can you believe people still feel that way?), while Young Money signee Short Dawg more than holds his weight with his H-Town brethren. Major Pain 1.5 is set to drop April 18, but I’m sure we’ll be treated to a few more leaks before then. Lucky us.
Written by Jessica "Compton" Bennett on 03/23/11
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Bet That ft. Chamillionaire & Goldrush" (2006)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Adrian Lau - The Departed
- T.I. ft. Young Thug, Lil Wayne & Jeezy - About The Money (Remix)
- Lupe Fiasco ft. Nikki Jean - Haile Selassie
- Every Logic Song We’ve Ever Featured
- Shady XV: Eminem is Dropping a New Album & I Don’t Care
- Drake - 6 God EP
- S1 Confirms Kanye West Working on New Album, Songs Are “Feel Good” #A3CProAudio
- 5 Fresh Songs You Might Have Missed (10/20)
- All 72 of Drakes Billboard Top 100 Songs
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.