As Dallas prepares to host the 2010 NBA All-Star Game, hip-hop’s internet king Chamillionaire decided to show the world that, although his native H-Town’s glory days are in the rearview (for now), the state of Texas is still a force to be reckoned with. Accordingly, we’re now faced with Main Event, a Southern soaked banger that rides heavy on a synth-heavy beat by producer Chops and features rhymes from Chamillionaire (of course), Paul Wall (where’s he been?), Slim Thug (who swears like a sailor) and newcomer Dorrough (a.k.a the Ice Cream Paint Job dude). Personally speaking I can’t say that any of these emcees tear up the track, but they certainly do the Lone Star proud. So how about it Booth? Is this track a main event or merely a sideshow? You be the judge. While Main Event is only a promo single, Cham’s new album Venom is set to (very tentatively) drop on March 16. In the meantime, you know where to keep checking for the latest updates.
Written by Nathan S. on 02/11/10
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Bet That ft. Chamillionaire & Goldrush" (2006)
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Best/Worst Of The Week: Coolio Turns To Porn, Nicki’s Comical Booty & More
- Russ, The Wild Card #TopProspects
- Sean Brown - The Top
- Even More Porn Stars in Music Videos (NSFW)
- Common - Nobody’s Smiling
- Real Recognize Real: Wrekonize on Pink Floyd, the Rise of TDE & More
- Kanye Thinks Drake is #1 Right Now - Is He Right? (Rap Power Rankings)
- Bobby Shmurda is the New Worst Thing to Happen to Shmusic
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
- DJ Blaze - Blazing Cuts (June 2014)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.