Realizing The Bill Collecta probably wasn’t the best choice for Chamillionaire‘s next single, the Universal execs changed their minds and switched over to Industry Groupie. Cham again describes the music industry using a metaphor; referring to it as an unfaithful girlfriend who says “she’s down” but messes with every other big name hip-hop & R&B artist in the industry. Adding catchiness is Jonathan “J.R.” Rotem’s production, which heavily samples Europe’s classic sports jam, Final Countdown. Hopefully, Industry Groupie can help liven up the slumping sales of Ultimate Victory; a solid hip-hop album.
Written by Burmy on 10/7/07
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Bet That" (2006)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Epic Fail: Bobby Shmurda’s Label Cashed In & Then Bailed Out
- Open Mic: Why Rappers Need to Play Small Shows
- 1 Listen Album Review: Big Sean’s “Dark Sky Paradise”
- Could Kanye’s Rapper Reparations Idea Actually Work?
- Every Rapper is Going to Die & So Will I
- An Anti-Elitist Guide to Respecting Gucci Mane
- Breaking Down the Sordid Details of the Lil Wayne vs. Cash Money Lawsuit
- Oh My God, If Drake Dies Is He A Legend?
- Fine, You Got Me: Your Favorite Rapper’s First Tweet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.