Realizing The Bill Collecta probably wasn’t the best choice for Chamillionaire‘s next single, the Universal execs changed their minds and switched over to Industry Groupie. Cham again describes the music industry using a metaphor; referring to it as an unfaithful girlfriend who says “she’s down” but messes with every other big name hip-hop & R&B artist in the industry. Adding catchiness is Jonathan “J.R.” Rotem’s production, which heavily samples Europe’s classic sports jam, Final Countdown. Hopefully, Industry Groupie can help liven up the slumping sales of Ultimate Victory; a solid hip-hop album.
Written by Burmy on 10/7/07
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Bet That" (2006)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Best/Worst of the Week: Wale & Seinfeld, Kendrick on “SNL” & More
- Obsessively Breaking Down the Demo Version of Eminem’s “Lose Yourself”
- Isaiah Rashad’s “Cilvia Demo” vs. Mick Jenkins’ “The Water[s]”
- What Rappers Would You Pick for “New York vs. Everybody”?
- The Worlds Needs a Freddie Gibbs x BJ The Chicago Kid Album
- Is Madonna Working on a Secret Rap Album?
- Estonian Trap Rapper Tommy Cash is Going to Take Over the Internet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)