In a What Have You Done for Me Lately industry it is easy for an artist to fall off the map if they don’t consistently release fresh material. Just ask veteran emcee Chamillionaire, who after blowing up in 2007, has struggled to meet the initial success that follows his last studio album Ultimate Victory. This far in the early stages of 2013, however, the H-Town native has made reparations for a big comeback year. Kicking off this campaign is Hold Up, a single from Cham’s newly-released Elevate EP, which will be welcomed with open arms from fans of his unique style. The Natural Disaster production is a synth-heavy, boisterous drum affair, over which Chamillionaire weaves and winds with his signature briskly-paced flow, sure to have listeners feeling like it is ‘07 all over again. Expect big things from Chamillionare in ‘13, starting with his Elevate EP, and leading up to the long-overdue release of third studio album, Poison.
Written by Lucas G. on 02/12/13
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Bet That" (2006)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Kid Cudi Thinks Hip-Hop Is Endangered - He’s Wrong
- Tayyib Ali - Keystone State of Mind III
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (11/21)
- Best/Worst of the Week: Wale & Seinfeld, Kendrick on “SNL” & More
- Isaiah Rashad’s “Cilvia Demo” vs. Mick Jenkins’ “The Water[s]”
- What Rappers Would You Pick for “New York vs. Everybody”?
- Estonian Trap Rapper Tommy Cash is Going to Take Over the Internet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.