In a What Have You Done for Me Lately industry it is easy for an artist to fall off the map if they don’t consistently release fresh material. Just ask veteran emcee Chamillionaire, who after blowing up in 2007, has struggled to meet the initial success that follows his last studio album Ultimate Victory. This far in the early stages of 2013, however, the H-Town native has made reparations for a big comeback year. Kicking off this campaign is Hold Up, a single from Cham’s newly-released Elevate EP, which will be welcomed with open arms from fans of his unique style. The Natural Disaster production is a synth-heavy, boisterous drum affair, over which Chamillionaire weaves and winds with his signature briskly-paced flow, sure to have listeners feeling like it is ‘07 all over again. Expect big things from Chamillionare in ‘13, starting with his Elevate EP, and leading up to the long-overdue release of third studio album, Poison.
Written by Lucas G. on 02/12/13
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Bet That" (2006)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- 1 Listen Album Review: Big Sean’s “Dark Sky Paradise”
- Could Kanye’s Rapper Reparations Idea Actually Work?
- Every Rapper is Going to Die & So Will I
- Rap Quiz: Bet You Can’t Guess The Album Cover Pt. 6
- An Anti-Elitist Guide to Respecting Gucci Mane
- Breaking Down the Sordid Details of the Lil Wayne vs. Cash Money Lawsuit
- Oh My God, If Drake Dies Is He A Legend?
- Fine, You Got Me: Your Favorite Rapper’s First Tweet
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.