If you’ve studied the Bible, Torah, Koran, or just about any other religious text, you’re likely aware that the number ‘7’ holds a special, almost mystical significance: seven days of creation, seven chakras, seven Harry Potter books—and now, seven Chamillionaire mixtapes. Whether the rapper’s a secret numerology buff or just tired of dropping street albums (according to his MySpace blog, it’s the latter), he’s chosen that fateful digit as a fitting endpoint for his acclaimed Mixtape Messiah series. On the first of two leaks off the forthcoming street release, however, the emcee’s set his sights on a decidedly worldly goal—to be specific, he wants “...money, power and fame like Denzel Washington.” Over a currently-unknown producer’s head-bobbing funk boardwork, Cham and fellow Houstonian Z-Ro explain just how far they expect their epic hustle to take them. Though their thugged-out image of success doesn’t seem to have all that much in common with the Academy Award-winning actor, the brag-heavy street lyricism both collaborators bring to the table makes Denzel Washington a hard track to argue with, and a tantalizing glimpse of what fans can expect from MM7, set to drop August 4th.
Written by richard on 06/23/09
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Bet That ft. Chamillionaire & Goldrush" (2006)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Freddie Gibbs x Madlib ft. Action Bronson, Joey BadA$$ & Ransom - Knicks (Remix)
- All 79 Things Chance the Rapper Hates on “No Better Blues”
- Lupe Fiasco ft. Sirah - Lilies
- ShayGray - No Sense of Accomplishment
- F*ck Norms: Why the Critics Are Wrong About Yung Lean
- Lorenzo Asher, The Director #TopProspects
- Jay Rock - Parental Advisory
- Run the Jewels ft. Zack De La Rocha - Close Your Eyes (And Count to F*ck)
- All 72 of Drakes Billboard Top 100 Songs
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.