If you’ve studied the Bible, Torah, Koran, or just about any other religious text, you’re likely aware that the number ‘7’ holds a special, almost mystical significance: seven days of creation, seven chakras, seven Harry Potter books—and now, seven Chamillionaire mixtapes. Whether the rapper’s a secret numerology buff or just tired of dropping street albums (according to his MySpace blog, it’s the latter), he’s chosen that fateful digit as a fitting endpoint for his acclaimed Mixtape Messiah series. On the first of two leaks off the forthcoming street release, however, the emcee’s set his sights on a decidedly worldly goal—to be specific, he wants “...money, power and fame like Denzel Washington.” Over a currently-unknown producer’s head-bobbing funk boardwork, Cham and fellow Houstonian Z-Ro explain just how far they expect their epic hustle to take them. Though their thugged-out image of success doesn’t seem to have all that much in common with the Academy Award-winning actor, the brag-heavy street lyricism both collaborators bring to the table makes Denzel Washington a hard track to argue with, and a tantalizing glimpse of what fans can expect from MM7, set to drop August 4th.
Written by richard on 06/23/09
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Bet That" (2006)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- Indie Savage: Crooked I Gets Physical With “Sex, Money & Hip-Hop”
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- 4 Fresh Songs (& An Album) You Might Have Missed (12/15)
- Meet Fanesha Fabre, the Voice Behind the “La Musica De Harry Fraud” Drop
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- The Most Sampled Rapper Voices in Hip-Hop History
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.