If you’ve studied the Bible, Torah, Koran, or just about any other religious text, you’re likely aware that the number ‘7’ holds a special, almost mystical significance: seven days of creation, seven chakras, seven Harry Potter books—and now, seven Chamillionaire mixtapes. Whether the rapper’s a secret numerology buff or just tired of dropping street albums (according to his MySpace blog, it’s the latter), he’s chosen that fateful digit as a fitting endpoint for his acclaimed Mixtape Messiah series. On the first of two leaks off the forthcoming street release, however, the emcee’s set his sights on a decidedly worldly goal—to be specific, he wants “...money, power and fame like Denzel Washington.” Over a currently-unknown producer’s head-bobbing funk boardwork, Cham and fellow Houstonian Z-Ro explain just how far they expect their epic hustle to take them. Though their thugged-out image of success doesn’t seem to have all that much in common with the Academy Award-winning actor, the brag-heavy street lyricism both collaborators bring to the table makes Denzel Washington a hard track to argue with, and a tantalizing glimpse of what fans can expect from MM7, set to drop August 4th.
Written by richard on 06/23/09
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Bet That" (2006)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Fast Food Music: How Our Hunger for More is Killing Hip-Hop
- Rihanna & Kanye’s “FourFiveSeconds” is a Blue Collar Anthem
- What If Drake Didn’t Sign To Young Money?
- Digging Up Your Favorite Rapper’s Hidden Internet Gems
- The Liberation of Lupe Fiasco on “Tetsuo & Youth”
- No Money, No Family: Iggy Azalea’s Insane Coming to America Story
- A Very Serious Lyrical Analysis of Lil Wayne’s “Sorry 4 The Wait 2”
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Who Was the Worst Rapper of 2014?
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.