Nice cars and tons of money are all well and good, but even being a platinum-selling hip-hop artist doesn’t guarantee that life will be all fun and games—everyone, even the rich and famous, needs to kick back every now and again. On I’m So Good (Patron), Chamillionaire and Bobby V escape from the daily grind by way of the titular top-shelf liquor. Chamillionaire’s lyrics take center stage here; the subject matter should appeal to anyone who has ever had to grapple with money issues and stress, and the emcee’s personable, relatable rhymes cut through DJ Montay‘s melodic blend of synths and bells. Bobby V adds his well-known singing voice on the hook, offering a contrast to Chamillionaire’s stark vocal delivery. Don’t look for this track to hit the hip-hop airwaves in any form just yet, though—this hasn’t yet been released as a single and the album that it was previously going to be featured on, Venom, has recently been scrapped. Perhaps that’s why Cham’s been under so much stress lately…
Written by Dr. D on 06/7/09
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Bet That ft. Chamillionaire & Goldrush" (2006)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Lupe Fiasco ft. Billy Blue - Pu$$y
- Red Cup Nation ft. Tommy Parker - Girls
- Lil Dicky - Lemme Freak
- Yelawolf - Till It’s Gone
- Big K.R.I.T. ft. Juicy J, Rittz & A$AP Ferg - Drinkers Club
- Once Lost, a Lil Wayne Fan Finds His Faith in “Carter V”
- Rick Ross ft. Project Pat - Elvis Presley Blvd.
- Big Sean - Untitled EP
- Kendrick Sued Over “Rigamortis”, Should He Pay Up? (A Sample Clearance Guide)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.