Nice cars and tons of money are all well and good, but even being a platinum-selling hip-hop artist doesn’t guarantee that life will be all fun and games—everyone, even the rich and famous, needs to kick back every now and again. On I’m So Good (Patron), Chamillionaire and Bobby V escape from the daily grind by way of the titular top-shelf liquor. Chamillionaire’s lyrics take center stage here; the subject matter should appeal to anyone who has ever had to grapple with money issues and stress, and the emcee’s personable, relatable rhymes cut through DJ Montay‘s melodic blend of synths and bells. Bobby V adds his well-known singing voice on the hook, offering a contrast to Chamillionaire’s stark vocal delivery. Don’t look for this track to hit the hip-hop airwaves in any form just yet, though—this hasn’t yet been released as a single and the album that it was previously going to be featured on, Venom, has recently been scrapped. Perhaps that’s why Cham’s been under so much stress lately…
Written by Dr. D on 06/7/09
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Bet That" (2006)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- What Rappers Would You Pick for “New York vs. Everybody”?
- The Worlds Needs a Freddie Gibbs x BJ The Chicago Kid Album
- Tasha The Amazon - Can’t Control Us
- Is Madonna Working on a Secret Rap Album?
- RyattFienix - Ryse of the Fienix
- Estonian Trap Rapper Tommy Cash is Going to Take Over the Internet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- All 72 of Drakes Billboard Top 100 Songs
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)