“Murder was the case, and they blamed me.” Thus Chamillionaire begins his story about the Hip Hop Police, a fictional squad which arrests and tries suspects solely on account of their music and collaborations. Chamillionaire expresses sheer artistry in his storytelling, subtly referring to various albums as if they were evidence (e.g. the Clipse, the Chronic [Dr. Dre], the Diary [Scarface], and the Blueprint [Jay-Z]). With an eerie-sounding beat from Jonathan “J.R.” Rotem, as well as vocals by hip-hop pioneer and storytelling legend Slick Rick, look for the Hip-Hop Police to be regularly patrolling the airwaves this summer.
Written by Burmy on 06/20/07
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Bet That ft. Chamillionaire & Goldrush" (2006)
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Jeezy - Seen It All: The Autobiography
- Cam’ron - 1st of the Month Vol. 3 EP
- Best/Worst of the Week: Andre 3000 All Day, Queen Bey Reigns & More
- Draft Day: What Label Should Your Favorite Rapper Sign To?
- DJ Blaze - Blazing Cuts (August 2014)
- Kev Decor - Swamp Ass
- “Views from All Day”: Drake, Kanye & The State of Hip-Hop Leaks
- Drake vs. Lil Wayne - The Hits
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
- Even More Porn Stars in Music Videos (NSFW)