Recently signed to Jive Records after more than a decade on the grind, Booth newcomer Chalie Boy‘s been feeling like a million bucks, and he’s got no intention of keeping that freshness to himself; as the Texan rapper/singer puts it on this newly-released remix of his current single, “I Look Good from the kicks to the finit.” Backed by JB Eazy‘s stark percussion-synth boardwork (retained from the original), this version of the regional hit boasts guest verses from three fellow Southerners with a propensity for stunting. The ever-balling Slim Thug jumps on board to show off his clothes, his diamonds, and his Bentley (which, as those who tuned in for his hilarious Daily Show segment know, he only bought because he couldn’t afford the Rolls Royce Phantom), followed by equally flashy contributions from New Orleans veteran Juvenile and UGK alum Bun B. So, Booth readers, does Chalie Boy sound as good as he looks? If you think so, keep it locked to our front page for further info on his yet-untitled debut set, due out in spring 2010.
Written by richard on 10/12/09
Submit your Rating
Dirty 3rd/Jive/Battery Records
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"In My Own Lane ft. Trae & Chalie Boy" (2009)
Total DJ Booth Features:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Fast Food Music: How Our Hunger for More is Killing Hip-Hop
- Rihanna & Kanye’s “FourFiveSeconds” is a Blue Collar Anthem
- What If Drake Didn’t Sign To Young Money?
- Digging Up Your Favorite Rapper’s Hidden Internet Gems
- The Liberation of Lupe Fiasco on “Tetsuo & Youth”
- No Money, No Family: Iggy Azalea’s Insane Coming to America Story
- A Very Serious Lyrical Analysis of Lil Wayne’s “Sorry 4 The Wait 2”
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Who Was the Worst Rapper of 2014?
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.