Recently signed to Jive Records after more than a decade on the grind, Booth newcomer Chalie Boy‘s been feeling like a million bucks, and he’s got no intention of keeping that freshness to himself; as the Texan rapper/singer puts it on this newly-released remix of his current single, “I Look Good from the kicks to the finit.” Backed by JB Eazy‘s stark percussion-synth boardwork (retained from the original), this version of the regional hit boasts guest verses from three fellow Southerners with a propensity for stunting. The ever-balling Slim Thug jumps on board to show off his clothes, his diamonds, and his Bentley (which, as those who tuned in for his hilarious Daily Show segment know, he only bought because he couldn’t afford the Rolls Royce Phantom), followed by equally flashy contributions from New Orleans veteran Juvenile and UGK alum Bun B. So, Booth readers, does Chalie Boy sound as good as he looks? If you think so, keep it locked to our front page for further info on his yet-untitled debut set, due out in spring 2010.
Dirty 3rd/Jive/Battery Records
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"In My Own Lane ft. Trae & Chalie Boy" (2009)
Total DJ Booth Features:
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Logic ft. Big Sean - Alright
- Top Remixes of the Month [April 2014]
- Asher Roth - Retrohash
- Iggy Azalea - The New Classic
- Joyner Lucas - Don’t Ask for Nothin
- Top Hip Hop / R&B Music Songs Chart (April 21, 2014)
- Behind The Boards Interview Series: Statik Selektah
- Future - Honest LP
- Win an Exclusive Vinyl Version of De La Soul’s “Smell The Da.I.S.Y.” [CONTEST]
- The Best Hip Hop Songs & Albums of 2013!
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.