Recently signed to Jive Records after more than a decade on the grind, Booth newcomer Chalie Boy‘s been feeling like a million bucks, and he’s got no intention of keeping that freshness to himself; as the Texan rapper/singer puts it on this newly-released remix of his current single, “I Look Good from the kicks to the finit.” Backed by JB Eazy‘s stark percussion-synth boardwork (retained from the original), this version of the regional hit boasts guest verses from three fellow Southerners with a propensity for stunting. The ever-balling Slim Thug jumps on board to show off his clothes, his diamonds, and his Bentley (which, as those who tuned in for his hilarious Daily Show segment know, he only bought because he couldn’t afford the Rolls Royce Phantom), followed by equally flashy contributions from New Orleans veteran Juvenile and UGK alum Bun B. So, Booth readers, does Chalie Boy sound as good as he looks? If you think so, keep it locked to our front page for further info on his yet-untitled debut set, due out in spring 2010.
Written by richard on 10/12/09
Submit your Rating
Dirty 3rd/Jive/Battery Records
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"In My Own Lane ft. Trae & Chalie Boy" (2009)
Total DJ Booth Features:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Kid Cudi Thinks Hip-Hop Is Endangered - He’s Wrong
- Tayyib Ali - Keystone State of Mind III
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (11/21)
- Best/Worst of the Week: Wale & Seinfeld, Kendrick on “SNL” & More
- Isaiah Rashad’s “Cilvia Demo” vs. Mick Jenkins’ “The Water[s]”
- What Rappers Would You Pick for “New York vs. Everybody”?
- Estonian Trap Rapper Tommy Cash is Going to Take Over the Internet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.