Once you’ve gotten used to the comforts of a relationship—which doesn’t take long, in my experience—the departure of that special guy or girl from your life is enough to turn your whole damn world Upside Down. Just ask Cesar Luciano, whose latest feature (a Booth-exclusive world premiere!) sees him struggling to piece his life back together after the woman he loves walks out the door. With Tecknoz’ bittersweet string samples and reverb-drenched percussion as his canvas, the Rhode Island spitter describes the all-too-familiar symptoms of heartbreak: insomnia, intrusive thoughts of his girl, heavy drinking, self-pity, the works. Despite it all, he finds solace in the fact that one day she’ll hear his words and may, just maybe realize her mistake: “[O]ne day you’ll hear this on your stereo / And I will tell you everything I said was true. / This is not to be confused, girl I wrote this song for you.” A cathartic jam which just about all of us will be able to relate to, this is just one of many quality cuts to be found on Luciano’s Confessions of RubiRosa: The Last PlayBoy street album, set to hit the ‘net in mid-April.
Written by richard on 03/21/12
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Lets Ride" (2011)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- 1 Listen Album Review: Big Sean’s “Dark Sky Paradise”
- Every Rapper is Going to Die & So Will I
- Rap Quiz: Bet You Can’t Guess The Album Cover Pt. 6
- An Anti-Elitist Guide to Respecting Gucci Mane
- Breaking Down the Sordid Details of the Lil Wayne vs. Cash Money Lawsuit
- Oh My God, If Drake Dies Is He A Legend?
- Fine, You Got Me: Your Favorite Rapper’s First Tweet
- 1 Listen Album Review: Drake’s “If You’re Reading This It’s Too Late”
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.