Once you’ve gotten used to the comforts of a relationship—which doesn’t take long, in my experience—the departure of that special guy or girl from your life is enough to turn your whole damn world Upside Down. Just ask Cesar Luciano, whose latest feature (a Booth-exclusive world premiere!) sees him struggling to piece his life back together after the woman he loves walks out the door. With Tecknoz’ bittersweet string samples and reverb-drenched percussion as his canvas, the Rhode Island spitter describes the all-too-familiar symptoms of heartbreak: insomnia, intrusive thoughts of his girl, heavy drinking, self-pity, the works. Despite it all, he finds solace in the fact that one day she’ll hear his words and may, just maybe realize her mistake: “[O]ne day you’ll hear this on your stereo / And I will tell you everything I said was true. / This is not to be confused, girl I wrote this song for you.” A cathartic jam which just about all of us will be able to relate to, this is just one of many quality cuts to be found on Luciano’s Confessions of RubiRosa: The Last PlayBoy street album, set to hit the ‘net in mid-April.
Written by richard on 03/21/12
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Lets Ride" (2011)
You Might Like...
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Big Sean - Untitled EP
- Chris Brown ft. Trey Songz - Songs on 12 Play
- Dyme-A-Duzin - Hip Hope
- Max Wonders - Questions
- ScHoolboy Q ft. Nas & BJ The Chicago Kid - Studio (Remix)
- “I’m Real”: Five Questions With Raury
- Mick Jenkins - DJBooth RapBox Freestyle
- “Google Me Bitch”: A Lyrical Album Review of Rittz’ “Next to Nothing”
- Kendrick Sued Over “Rigamortis”, Should He Pay Up? (A Sample Clearance Guide)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.