There are few better ways to get to know someone than by hopping in their whip for a leisurely drive—not only does the open road offer plenty of opportunity for conversation, but you get to see how they handle a vehicle, hear what tunes they’re bumping, and perhaps even get a taste of what they’re smoking. Appropriately, then, Cesar Luciano‘s introduction to the Booth finds him extending listeners an open invitation: “Lets Ride.” Making its world premiere right here on our frontpage, this newly-leaked mixtape cut is the epitome of a slow-rolling street banger, with project collaborator Marv X flipping a laid-back funk-soul sample as the South Providence, Rhode Island representative describes a typical day on his side of the tracks. Bronx phenom The Kid Daytona paints a darker picture on the guest tip (“Crack rock your aunt whorin’ for / coffins with young souls in it…”), ending his 16 with the exhortation: “When you get to where you’re going make sure you give back.” Has this dope debut piqued your interest? Keep it locked for two more leaks leading up to the November 29, arrival of Luciano’s Booth-sponsored mixtape, Catch Me If You Can.
Written by richard on 11/16/11
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Lights Down" (2011)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Billion Dollars in an Elevator: The Definitive 2014 Hip-Hop Timeline
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- Indie Savage: Crooked I Gets Physical With “Sex, Money & Hip-Hop”
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- Meet Fanesha Fabre, the Voice Behind the “La Musica De Harry Fraud” Drop
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- The Most Sampled Rapper Voices in Hip-Hop History
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.