There are few better ways to get to know someone than by hopping in their whip for a leisurely drive—not only does the open road offer plenty of opportunity for conversation, but you get to see how they handle a vehicle, hear what tunes they’re bumping, and perhaps even get a taste of what they’re smoking. Appropriately, then, Cesar Luciano‘s introduction to the Booth finds him extending listeners an open invitation: “Lets Ride.” Making its world premiere right here on our frontpage, this newly-leaked mixtape cut is the epitome of a slow-rolling street banger, with project collaborator Marv X flipping a laid-back funk-soul sample as the South Providence, Rhode Island representative describes a typical day on his side of the tracks. Bronx phenom The Kid Daytona paints a darker picture on the guest tip (“Crack rock your aunt whorin’ for / coffins with young souls in it…”), ending his 16 with the exhortation: “When you get to where you’re going make sure you give back.” Has this dope debut piqued your interest? Keep it locked for two more leaks leading up to the November 29, arrival of Luciano’s Booth-sponsored mixtape, Catch Me If You Can.
Written by richard on 11/16/11
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Lights Down" (2011)
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Real Recognize Real: Wrekonize on Pink Floyd, the Rise of TDE & More
- Kanye Thinks Drake is #1 Right Now - Is He Right? (Rap Power Rankings)
- The Weeknd - King of the Fall
- Bobby Shmurda is the New Worst Thing to Happen to Shmusic
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
- Mick Jenkins, The Conscience #TopProspects
- Jeremih x Shlohmo - No More EP
- Drake’s New Album is Titled “Views From the 6”: Dope, Wack or Eh?
- Real Recognize Real: GoldLink on Loving Lil Bibby, Shaq & Robots
- DJ Blaze - Blazing Cuts (June 2014)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.