There are few better ways to get to know someone than by hopping in their whip for a leisurely drive—not only does the open road offer plenty of opportunity for conversation, but you get to see how they handle a vehicle, hear what tunes they’re bumping, and perhaps even get a taste of what they’re smoking. Appropriately, then, Cesar Luciano‘s introduction to the Booth finds him extending listeners an open invitation: “Lets Ride.” Making its world premiere right here on our frontpage, this newly-leaked mixtape cut is the epitome of a slow-rolling street banger, with project collaborator Marv X flipping a laid-back funk-soul sample as the South Providence, Rhode Island representative describes a typical day on his side of the tracks. Bronx phenom The Kid Daytona paints a darker picture on the guest tip (“Crack rock your aunt whorin’ for / coffins with young souls in it…”), ending his 16 with the exhortation: “When you get to where you’re going make sure you give back.” Has this dope debut piqued your interest? Keep it locked for two more leaks leading up to the November 29, arrival of Luciano’s Booth-sponsored mixtape, Catch Me If You Can.
Written by richard on 11/16/11
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Lights Down" (2011)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- What If Drake Didn’t Sign To Young Money?
- Digging Up Your Favorite Rapper’s Hidden Internet Gems
- The Liberation of Lupe Fiasco on “Tetsuo & Youth”
- No Money, No Family: Iggy Azalea’s Insane Coming to America Story
- A Very Serious Lyrical Analysis of Lil Wayne’s “Sorry 4 The Wait 2”
- Rap Lines That Make No Fucking Sense: The Comeback
- Saba, The Native Son #TopProspects
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Who Was the Worst Rapper of 2014?
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.