There are few better ways to get to know someone than by hopping in their whip for a leisurely drive—not only does the open road offer plenty of opportunity for conversation, but you get to see how they handle a vehicle, hear what tunes they’re bumping, and perhaps even get a taste of what they’re smoking. Appropriately, then, Cesar Luciano‘s introduction to the Booth finds him extending listeners an open invitation: “Lets Ride.” Making its world premiere right here on our frontpage, this newly-leaked mixtape cut is the epitome of a slow-rolling street banger, with project collaborator Marv X flipping a laid-back funk-soul sample as the South Providence, Rhode Island representative describes a typical day on his side of the tracks. Bronx phenom The Kid Daytona paints a darker picture on the guest tip (“Crack rock your aunt whorin’ for / coffins with young souls in it…”), ending his 16 with the exhortation: “When you get to where you’re going make sure you give back.” Has this dope debut piqued your interest? Keep it locked for two more leaks leading up to the November 29, arrival of Luciano’s Booth-sponsored mixtape, Catch Me If You Can.
Written by richard on 11/16/11
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Lights Down" (2011)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- 1 Listen Album Review: Big Sean’s “Dark Sky Paradise”
- Could Kanye’s Rapper Reparations Idea Actually Work?
- Every Rapper is Going to Die & So Will I
- Rap Quiz: Bet You Can’t Guess The Album Cover Pt. 6
- An Anti-Elitist Guide to Respecting Gucci Mane
- Breaking Down the Sordid Details of the Lil Wayne vs. Cash Money Lawsuit
- Oh My God, If Drake Dies Is He A Legend?
- Fine, You Got Me: Your Favorite Rapper’s First Tweet
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.