A founding member of the Justus League hip-hop crew, Cesar Comanche has been making moves in the music business for over a decade. Currently preparing to release his sixth solo LP, the North Carolina emcee makes his Booth debut with the forthcoming album’s lead single. After asking all the wallflowers in the crowd to step out onto the floor with their Hands High in the air, Cesar spits two laid-back, lyrically-agile verses. 9th Wonder, a longtime friend and collaborator of the emcee (they met back in ‘94, while both were attending NC State) handles production duties; his beat sports some slightly off-kilter percussion, but his tuneful sample lends the record a mellow, old-school vibe that perfectly matches Comanche’s relaxed confidence. The NC vet’s forthcoming album, tentatively titled Die in Your Lap, is scheduled for release February 24th, off the rapper’s own Defenders of the Free World imprint.
Written by richard on 02/4/09
Submit your Rating
D.O.T.F.W./True School Corp/ABB Records
This is the first song featured on DJBooth from this artist. If you would like to hear more, be sure to rate and comment!
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- What If Drake Didn’t Sign To Young Money?
- The Liberation of Lupe Fiasco on “Tetsuo & Youth”
- No Money, No Family: Iggy Azalea’s Insane Coming to America Story
- A Very Serious Lyrical Analysis of Lil Wayne’s “Sorry 4 The Wait 2”
- Rap Lines That Make No Fucking Sense: The Comeback
- 1 Listen Album Review: Lupe Fiasco’s “Tetsuo & Youth” (Lupe Back)
- Inside the Conspiracy Theory World of Childish Gambino’s Music Videos
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Who Was the Worst Rapper of 2014?
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.