Pop quiz time. Does anybody know what label KCMO (Kansas City, Missouri) duo Ces Cru are signed to? If you couldn’t figure it out by their hometown, perhaps their brash, rapid-fire style tipped you off that they belong to Strange Music. Following their Tech N9ne-assisted lead single, Juice, Godemis and Ubiquitous have returned with some more of what has made Strange Music a Booth-favorite label. On Lotus, Seven, who also produced Juice, cooks up a futuristic beat over which the emcees display their Patrick Willis-like strength and RGIII (pre-injury) speed. This results in a powerful, yet slightly agile cut which oozes the trademark sound of Strange Music. So, has Lotus made your fervor for the duo blossom or will they have to do more to ensure that you take a listen to their forthcoming album Constant Energy Struggles?
Written by Lucas G. on 02/24/13
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Strange March" (2012)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Billion Dollars in an Elevator: The Definitive 2014 Hip-Hop Timeline
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- Indie Savage: Crooked I Gets Physical With “Sex, Money & Hip-Hop”
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- Meet Fanesha Fabre, the Voice Behind the “La Musica De Harry Fraud” Drop
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- The Most Sampled Rapper Voices in Hip-Hop History
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.