Pop quiz time. Does anybody know what label KCMO (Kansas City, Missouri) duo Ces Cru are signed to? If you couldn’t figure it out by their hometown, perhaps their brash, rapid-fire style tipped you off that they belong to Strange Music. Following their Tech N9ne-assisted lead single, Juice, Godemis and Ubiquitous have returned with some more of what has made Strange Music a Booth-favorite label. On Lotus, Seven, who also produced Juice, cooks up a futuristic beat over which the emcees display their Patrick Willis-like strength and RGIII (pre-injury) speed. This results in a powerful, yet slightly agile cut which oozes the trademark sound of Strange Music. So, has Lotus made your fervor for the duo blossom or will they have to do more to ensure that you take a listen to their forthcoming album Constant Energy Struggles?
Written by Lucas G. on 02/24/13
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Strange March" (2012)
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Epic Fail: Bobby Shmurda’s Label Cashed In & Then Bailed Out
- Open Mic: Why Rappers Need to Play Small Shows
- 1 Listen Album Review: Big Sean’s “Dark Sky Paradise”
- Could Kanye’s Rapper Reparations Idea Actually Work?
- Every Rapper is Going to Die & So Will I
- An Anti-Elitist Guide to Respecting Gucci Mane
- Breaking Down the Sordid Details of the Lil Wayne vs. Cash Money Lawsuit
- Oh My God, If Drake Dies Is He A Legend?
- Fine, You Got Me: Your Favorite Rapper’s First Tweet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.