Booth newcomer Celph Titled hardly wants us to believe that his style can be compared to anyone else’s, so to make sure we’re convinced that he’s in a league of his own, he comes at us with Styles Ain’t Raw, a smooth, playful cut that should stir up quite a bit of buzz. With some standout production from Buckwild, who blends a street-influenced vibe with a mood of youthful innocence and wonder, Celph and his two partners-in-crime Apathy and Chino XL have a little bit too much fun on the track, with XL even dropping a Snooki punchline (alright, now that pun wasn’t intended). The trio don’t leave much to be desired as far as their skills are concerned, but does Styles back up Celph’s claim to be like no other? I’ll leave that one up to you. In the meantime, stay tuned for updates on Celph’s non-celph-titled album Nineteen Ninety Now, set to be released in the coming months.
No Sleep Recordings
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Shoot First" (2009)
Total DJ Booth Features:
Member Reviews and Ratings
- 25 Most Popular Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of February 2014
- Pharrell - G I R L
- Rick Ross - Mastermind
- ScHoolboy Q - Oxymoron
- A 15 Song Tour Through Pharrell’s Career
- SchoolBoy Q ft. 2 Chainz - What They Want
- Future ft. Pharrell, Pusha T & Casino - Move That Dope
- Nyzzy Nyce - Nothing Nyce
- Devin Miles - Where the DJs At?
- The Best Hip Hop Songs & Albums of 2013!