Booth newcomer Celph Titled hardly wants us to believe that his style can be compared to anyone else’s, so to make sure we’re convinced that he’s in a league of his own, he comes at us with Styles Ain’t Raw, a smooth, playful cut that should stir up quite a bit of buzz. With some standout production from Buckwild, who blends a street-influenced vibe with a mood of youthful innocence and wonder, Celph and his two partners-in-crime Apathy and Chino XL have a little bit too much fun on the track, with XL even dropping a Snooki punchline (alright, now that pun wasn’t intended). The trio don’t leave much to be desired as far as their skills are concerned, but does Styles back up Celph’s claim to be like no other? I’ll leave that one up to you. In the meantime, stay tuned for updates on Celph’s non-celph-titled album Nineteen Ninety Now, set to be released in the coming months.
Written by Matty K on 04/22/10
Submit your Rating
No Sleep Recordings
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Shoot First" (2009)
Total DJ Booth Features:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- RyattFienix - Ryse of the Fienix
- Jaden Smith - Cool Tape Vol. 2
- 5 Fresh Songs You Might Have Missed (11/17)
- Estonian Trap Rapper Tommy Cash is Going to Take Over the Internet
- What Rappers Would You Pick for “L.A. vs. Everybody”?
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- All 72 of Drakes Billboard Top 100 Songs
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.