Rolling solo’s a lot less lonely with some good music to keep you company. Cello Figaro knows what I’m talking about—thus, he’s dedicated his latest single to all those who share his solitary disposition. The sequel to a 2011 mixtape cut, The Loner’s Anthem II is considerably more upbeat than its theme would imply. Over Brandun Deshay‘s sampled boardwork, a vibrant mix of head-noddable percussion and brass/vocal samples, the Minneapolis representative looks back with satisfaction on a youth spent breaking rules and flouting expectations in pursuit of his dreams. Like what you’re hearing? More awaits on Figaro’s Concerto Grosso LP, scheduled to hit The DJBooth November 22, for free streaming and download.
Written by richard on 10/31/13
Minneapolis emcee/producer Cello Figaro has come together with The DJBooth to bring listeners his latest street release, Concerto Grosso. Inspired by the classical composition of the same name, the project packs a total of...
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Meteor Showers (The Next Time the World Ends)" (2013)
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Real Recognize Real: Wrekonize on Pink Floyd, the Rise of TDE & More
- Kanye Thinks Drake is #1 Right Now - Is He Right? (Rap Power Rankings)
- The Weeknd - King of the Fall
- Bobby Shmurda is the New Worst Thing to Happen to Shmusic
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
- Mick Jenkins, The Conscience #TopProspects
- Jeremih x Shlohmo - No More EP
- Drake’s New Album is Titled “Views From the 6”: Dope, Wack or Eh?
- Real Recognize Real: GoldLink on Loving Lil Bibby, Shaq & Robots
- DJ Blaze - Blazing Cuts (June 2014)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.