Rolling solo’s a lot less lonely with some good music to keep you company. Cello Figaro knows what I’m talking about—thus, he’s dedicated his latest single to all those who share his solitary disposition. The sequel to a 2011 mixtape cut, The Loner’s Anthem II is considerably more upbeat than its theme would imply. Over Brandun Deshay‘s sampled boardwork, a vibrant mix of head-noddable percussion and brass/vocal samples, the Minneapolis representative looks back with satisfaction on a youth spent breaking rules and flouting expectations in pursuit of his dreams. Like what you’re hearing? More awaits on Figaro’s Concerto Grosso LP, scheduled to hit The DJBooth November 22, for free streaming and download.
Written by richard on 10/31/13
Minneapolis emcee/producer Cello Figaro has come together with The DJBooth to bring listeners his latest street release, Concerto Grosso. Inspired by the classical composition of the same name, the project packs a total of...
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Meteor Showers (The Next Time the World Ends)" (2013)
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Drake vs. Lil Wayne - The Hits
- Run The Jewels - Blockbuster Night (Part 1)
- T.I. ft. Skylar Grey - New National Anthem
- Interview With a “White Rapper”: Rittz on Race, Respect & Hip-Hop
- Statik Selektah - What Goes Around
- Wiz Khalifa - Blacc Hollywood
- Kanye West is Right, the Media is the Fucking Worst
- The DJBooth Top Prospects EP (Vol. 1)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
- Even More Porn Stars in Music Videos (NSFW)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.