Rolling solo’s a lot less lonely with some good music to keep you company. Cello Figaro knows what I’m talking about—thus, he’s dedicated his latest single to all those who share his solitary disposition. The sequel to a 2011 mixtape cut, The Loner’s Anthem II is considerably more upbeat than its theme would imply. Over Brandun Deshay‘s sampled boardwork, a vibrant mix of head-noddable percussion and brass/vocal samples, the Minneapolis representative looks back with satisfaction on a youth spent breaking rules and flouting expectations in pursuit of his dreams. Like what you’re hearing? More awaits on Figaro’s Concerto Grosso LP, scheduled to hit The DJBooth November 22, for free streaming and download.
Written by richard on 10/31/13
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Meteor Showers (The Next Time the World Ends)" (2013)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- Indie Savage: Crooked I Gets Physical With “Sex, Money & Hip-Hop”
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- 4 Fresh Songs (& An Album) You Might Have Missed (12/15)
- Meet Fanesha Fabre, the Voice Behind the “La Musica De Harry Fraud” Drop
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- The Most Sampled Rapper Voices in Hip-Hop History
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.