Fans of Cello Figaro might be disappointed to hear that the emcee has opted not to release a deluxe edition of his latest album, Cellar Door. Dry those eyes, however, as he has a pretty cool plan B, including a new project as well as loosie releases along the way. Today, we’re proud to present the Booth-exclusive world premiere of one of the latter, Stood Over Mis. On this self-produced cut, the Va.-by-way-of-Minnesota emcee crafts an airy instrumental laced with meandering synths, which serves as a musical interpretation of Sky Welkin‘s accompanying artwork. Figaro’s effort on the mic is perfect for the beat; he laces the hopeful production with confident, yet carefree bars sure to raise your spirits on a dreary Monday. No word yet on his upcoming project, but we will keep you in the loop on all things Cello
Written by Lucas G. on 03/25/13
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Meteor Showers (The Next Time the World Ends)" (2013)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Beyond the Lights: Machine Gun Kelly Learns to Act Like Himself
- Reggie Bonds - Stream of Consciousness Pt. 1
- Eminem Vs. DJ Whoo Kid - Shady Classics
- Kid Cudi Thinks Hip-Hop Is Endangered - He’s Wrong
- Tayyib Ali - Keystone State of Mind III
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (11/21)
- What Rappers Would You Pick for “New York vs. Everybody”?
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.