Fans of Cello Figaro might be disappointed to hear that the emcee has opted not to release a deluxe edition of his latest album, Cellar Door. Dry those eyes, however, as he has a pretty cool plan B, including a new project as well as loosie releases along the way. Today, we’re proud to present the Booth-exclusive world premiere of one of the latter, Stood Over Mis. On this self-produced cut, the Va.-by-way-of-Minnesota emcee crafts an airy instrumental laced with meandering synths, which serves as a musical interpretation of Sky Welkin‘s accompanying artwork. Figaro’s effort on the mic is perfect for the beat; he laces the hopeful production with confident, yet carefree bars sure to raise your spirits on a dreary Monday. No word yet on his upcoming project, but we will keep you in the loop on all things Cello
Written by Lucas G. on 03/25/13
Minneapolis emcee/producer Cello Figaro has come together with The DJBooth to bring listeners his latest street release, Concerto Grosso. Inspired by the classical composition of the same name, the project packs a total of...
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Meteor Showers (The Next Time the World Ends)" (2013)
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Jeezy - Seen It All: The Autobiography
- Cam’ron - 1st of the Month Vol. 3 EP
- Best/Worst of the Week: Andre 3000 All Day, Queen Bey Reigns & More
- Draft Day: What Label Should Your Favorite Rapper Sign To?
- DJ Blaze - Blazing Cuts (August 2014)
- Kev Decor - Swamp Ass
- “Views from All Day”: Drake, Kanye & The State of Hip-Hop Leaks
- Drake vs. Lil Wayne - The Hits
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
- Even More Porn Stars in Music Videos (NSFW)