Fans of Cello Figaro might be disappointed to hear that the emcee has opted not to release a deluxe edition of his latest album, Cellar Door. Dry those eyes, however, as he has a pretty cool plan B, including a new project as well as loosie releases along the way. Today, we’re proud to present the Booth-exclusive world premiere of one of the latter, Stood Over Mis. On this self-produced cut, the Va.-by-way-of-Minnesota emcee crafts an airy instrumental laced with meandering synths, which serves as a musical interpretation of Sky Welkin‘s accompanying artwork. Figaro’s effort on the mic is perfect for the beat; he laces the hopeful production with confident, yet carefree bars sure to raise your spirits on a dreary Monday. No word yet on his upcoming project, but we will keep you in the loop on all things Cello
Written by Lucas G. on 03/25/13
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Meteor Showers (The Next Time the World Ends)" (2013)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- 1 Listen Album Review: Big Sean’s “Dark Sky Paradise”
- Every Rapper is Going to Die & So Will I
- Rap Quiz: Bet You Can’t Guess The Album Cover Pt. 6
- An Anti-Elitist Guide to Respecting Gucci Mane
- Breaking Down the Sordid Details of the Lil Wayne vs. Cash Money Lawsuit
- Oh My God, If Drake Dies Is He A Legend?
- Fine, You Got Me: Your Favorite Rapper’s First Tweet
- 1 Listen Album Review: Drake’s “If You’re Reading This It’s Too Late”
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.